Got drawn for Unit 10 mule deer. Now what???

SWHoosier

Aug 25, 2015
Montgomery Indiana
I got drawn for Wyoming Unit 10 deer. Looking for any advice. Local restaurants, things to see or do fairly close to the hunting grounds. This is my vacation along with the hunt so please share. Ive been looking at hunting the north side of the unit but open for discussion. Glad to get back West and see some of Gods country.

Last edited:

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
I got drawn for Unit 10. Looking for any advice. Local restaurants, things to see or do fairly close to the hunting grounds. This is my vacation along with the hunt so please share. Ive been looking at hunting the north side of the unit but open for discussion. Glad to get back West and see some of Gods country.
Az.10 is great elk country and a few deer,but mostly the Grand Canyon.Ha!,Ha!
Good luck this year... 💥

ithunter

Aug 20, 2014
Southern Indiana
I'm going to highjack the thread a minute and ask about the "Mine Activity Areas" in Thunder Basin...are these areas hunt-able outside the fence? The National Forest MVUM only says the roads are subject to relocation due to mining activities.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
I'm going to highjack the thread a minute and ask about the "Mine Activity Areas" in Thunder Basin...are these areas hunt-able outside the fence? The National Forest MVUM only says the roads are subject to relocation due to mining activities.
Yes, there is. I'm sure someone knows all the details of why, but what I do know is there are some areas that are signed that you can hunt, and others that you can't.

Reactions: ithunter

SWHoosier

Aug 25, 2015
Montgomery Indiana
I was in a party of 5 and each one of us had an opportunity. We managed to bring home 3 mule deer and 1 whitetail. All were trophies to us "flatlanders". We posted 53 miles in our 5 day hunt. With five of us in our group we knew we had to split up. Three of the members hunted around camp and the other two hunted different areas of the area. We seen a couple trophy bull elk around camp, several mule deer doe, along with whtietails in the dry river beds. Many lessons were learned and the clock shortened our hunt. If you'd like more info please PM me and I'll be glad to share what info I have.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
I was in a party of 5 and each one of us had an opportunity. We managed to bring home 3 mule deer and 1 whitetail. All were trophies to us "flatlanders". We posted 53 miles in our 5 day hunt. With five of us in our group we knew we had to split up. Three of the members hunted around camp and the other two hunted different areas of the area. We seen a couple trophy bull elk around camp, several mule deer doe, along with whtietails in the dry river beds. Many lessons were learned and the clock shortened our hunt. If you'd like more info please PM me and I'll be glad to share what info I have.
I've been thinking about area 10 for my son, would you hunt that unit again?