Gooseapalooza 2019-2020 ( Ducks too)

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Well......even after getting all the factory grease/oil out of it.....it still doesnt like the cold and cycles slow. Shooting 3.5s BB Black Clouds with a Patternmaster choke. It swings well , crushes the birds and folds em up......when it works properly.

Im gonna put some heavier Wolfe springs in them and will see what that does. In addition to a stronger spring ive learned the rear corners of the bolt carrier are square but the aft end of the groove it rides in is round. I need to file the bolt carrier a little . Will see how that works. Not sure what to think if thats just part of the break in or what.
Took it apart and cleaned it again last night. My gut is telling me a few things.
1) its a really simple gun. With proper break in there should be no problems
2) until broke in, it may actually need to be run a little more wet.
3) it did not like the very fine dust flying around.
4) lastly after re rereading the manual last night. We may not have been loading it in the correct way. Not sure if it makes a difference but next week we will load it as recommended.

Reactions: Catahoula12

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
How do you like those Divebombs? I bought 10dz a few weeks ago, and havent used them yet. About a week left in our season, and I doubt I'll get out. I killed enough ducks this fall to hold me over for a while.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
How do you like those Divebombs? I bought 10dz a few weeks ago, and havent used them yet. About a week left in our season, and I doubt I'll get out. I killed enough ducks this fall to hold me over for a while.
They look really good. Easy to set and fast. Not sure though how good they are if you are not on the X.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Those breasts bring back good memories!

I used to make all of my jerky out of geese. It made the best jerky.

I would cut those breasts in half and then have 4 pieces of trimmed meat to go through the jerky slicer. Then soak them in salt water for 3 days. Then drain, rinse and add the jerky ingredients and then dehydrate. I made hundreds of pound of it over the years. In my opinion it was the best use for that meat just because of how lean it was.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Those breasts bring back good memories!

I used to make all of my jerky out of geese. It made the best jerky.

I would cut those breasts in half and then have 4 pieces of trimmed meat to go through the jerky slicer. Then soak them in salt water for 3 days. Then drain, rinse and add the jerky ingredients and then dehydrate. I made hundreds of pound of it over the years. In my opinion it was the best use for that meat just because of how lean it was.
I got a Weston meat slicer on the way. Need to have a little higher production rate of the jerky and the cutting portion always took sonlong in the past.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I want to get the attachment for my cabelas 3/4HP. That would make slicing the jerky even faster but the hand crank one I have works pretty fast and its already paid for so I just use it mostly.

How much longer if you guys season in for?

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
I want to get the attachment for my cabelas 3/4HP. That would make slicing the jerky even faster but the hand crank one I have works pretty fast and its already paid for so I just use it mostly.

How much longer if you guys season in for?
16th Feb last day. We are gonna grind it out like a bunch of lunatics!!