Goose Hunting Info

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
While sitting at the pub still pissed from yesterdays gun fiasco I thought Id share some positive info.

Reverse migration is back on. Snows are rolling in large groups in the evening, small in the am.

I run BigFoots with GHG flocked motion decoys mixed in. The Divebomb silhouettes are really working well as a force mutliplier to get the spread huge to attract the dang chickens.

Divebomb socks are my new favorite thing. They dance in the wind and are awesome for set up and take down. Last but not least the space they save versus the full bodys are sweet.

Ive been running Mojo Mini flags in the spread and they seem to love em . They really draw the attention of the birds so best to put them where you want them to go or land. I ran them offset yesterday and the birds slid out of the hole to them. Need to put them directly upwind of the pit/blind.

9 more days to go here. The season has been pretty poor so far. Hoping it picks with the fresh birds coming back in.

Turbodude

Oct 17, 2017
Red side of Ca
You ever try wind whackers, not sure how the snows would react to them. Have seen some videos where they are using them. Good luck

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
You ever try wind whackers, not sure how the snows would react to them. Have seen some videos where they are using them. Good luck
I have not. Id think the snows would like em. We really dont (or yet) have snow hunted seriously. Just have em mixed in the last two weeks of our season here as the reverse migrate.

I like these mini mojo flags cause they are small, ground level and can put them right up next to a decoy. Really makes the little birds look deep into the spread. Intermittent movement of them seems to really work nice.

Reactions: gonhunting247

Turbodude

Oct 17, 2017
Red side of Ca
We use them for ducks and hammer them with them. The geese(specks) here don't like moto duck and usually flare off them, but snows don't seem to flare off of whackers. Anyways good luck

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
From the pit report.
Light snow last night. Set up is a cut silage field. Was roughly 800 birds in it yesterday while scouting. Will see how she goes.
Gun is working great. When I clean it correctly.

Attachments

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
20210211_164922.jpg

Tough huntin. 1 and 2 bird days seems to be the norm now. Birds are real stale and this weather pattern has winds changing daily. Hard to scout a field/feed then winds blow 180 out next day and push em somewhere else. Oh well, thankfull for the opportunity to be out seeing the sunrise each morning.

Reactions: gonhunting247