Getting Close

7shot

Mar 26, 2015
Idaho
A photo from last fall glassing mule deer for a friend who had a trophy tag. Waiting for the fog to lift.
A photo from last spring bear hunting. Found a sow and yearling cub asleep on a nice spring day.

20150408_092106.jpgGlassing.jpg

IDELKFVR

Dec 15, 2013
EMMETT,IDAHO
7shot I notice you got lammas in your picture. Are those your animals or did you rent them for that hunt. I have always thought I might like to hunt with them but don't have any experience with them. My mom rented some for a week long hiking trip and she said the worked awesome. That's a great picture of mom and cub.

7shot

Mar 26, 2015
Idaho
I have had the Llamas for 2 years. I have a good friend that has hunted with them for years and I like how they are. The only drawback from a horse/mule is that they don't pack as much and you can not ride them. All other variables fall heavily in favor of Llamas: less $, less vet $, no shoes, no feed issues in the mts. less bodily injury if there is a rodeo, etc.

If you get some, try and get pack trained or at least halter trained, then spend time with them and take walks. I bought 2 of mine pack trained and one was a year old but halter trained, so I have 3 total. They have packed out animals and as long as I can walk in there, they can make it. I do condition them before season so they can pack in the load, usually only 40 to 60 pounds.

Llamas in training and then staked out at Elk camp.

20150903_112839.jpgllamas training.jpg

Last edited: