Getting antsy

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
Leaving from Virginia in mid October for my first mule deer hunt. I've read every thread I can find about where ill be going and poured hours into google earth, on x, and the Wyoming website. Been successful keeping my mind off it most of the summer but being less than a month away makes it hard not to think about. I cant wait. Just hoping the weather cooperates and lots of targets to look at. 🦌🦌

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
find glassing points and glass and glass. Let your eyes do the walking until you find what you want to go after ! Have a safe drive and good hunt!

Reactions: cking13

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
Good luck. Remember to have many back up plans in case other hunters have the same plan as you. Hope you get a big one! 👍
I’ve got plans A-G right now. Not sure what to expect since I’ve never mule deer hunted, but I’m sure I’ll dial it in before the season is over.

Reactions: archeranthony

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Have fun - did my first muley hunt last year. Be flexible and roll with whatever the deer, mother nature, or other hunters throw at you. You'll have a great time.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Dont overthink it. They are not nearly as smart as people claim them to be. lol Use your eyes and common sense and you will do just fine.