Getting a little antsy!

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Where are you headed too?
I'll fly into Anchorage then head to my Sisters house in Palmer. We plan on either flying or driving to Talkeetna then spend some time on the Big Su and the Talkeetna. How long will you be up there? I'll post a pic of my Brother-in-laws little plane.

DSCN3049.jpgIMG_2283.jpg

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
It's an Avid MK5 I believe, but I think he told me Kit Fox either bought Avid or the other way around. I'm not very knowledgeable about planes compared to you guys.
He bought the plane built, but has since totally rebuilt it. Some things that he's done that I know of are; lengthen the fuselage and the wings. Changed the two stroke out for a Subaru fuel injected. Changed the tail wheel and suspension, plus put the over sized tires on. He re-skinned and painted it throughout the whole process also. I think there's a bunch more that I can't remember. He is great at that kind of thing and would fly every day if he could I think :). He built himself a really cool hanger at Wolf Lake too.

I thought if CC was still up when I was, I might try to arrange to buy coffee for you two. That would be kind of cool to meet both of you! I bet CC will love it up there, I sure do. It's nice that you'll get to show him around and hang out some.

Here's one of my favorite hunting pics from one of my many adventures in AK. I can't wait to see CC's pics!

img195 (1).jpg

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Just make sure that you are practiced up on that new smart phone and can get us updates while sipping on that morning coffee or evening cocktails.

Check out taptalk for access to the forum.

Have a fantastic time, I am envious of you.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Well tomorrow morning we are on our way. Probably won't sleep well tonight....to many salmon & halibut in my dreams!!!

Just have to finish packing the last minute stuff today and get my Lab to the boarding kennel.