"Georgia Slammer" 2019

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
How do you like that Honda Pioneer 500? I'm ready to junk my POS yamaha big bear. I'm not sure if I want to go back to an ATV or get something like this pioneer. I don't want something really big like the polaris ranger, yamaha viking or the larger honda's.

Reactions: bowman340

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
How do you like that Honda Pioneer 500?
I have had this machine for several year now and ran the hell out of it so I feel like I can give an honest no BS review..

I can tell you with 100% confidence that this machine is BADASS.

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles and it inst going to break any land speed records. (Top speed of 40)

But it fits in the back of my truck, has plenty of power, it will climb any hill that your brave enough to climb, doesnt cost much compared to the big ones, it can go on the UTE trails because it is narrow, it holds two normal sized people comfortably, it isnt too loud, it has a transmission not a cvt belt system, it has a good 4 wheel drive system, and it hardly uses any fuel (I run for DAYS on 1 tank of fuel...its ridiculous actually), it has hitch receiver, it has a low range that would literally pull over a house, easy access air filter, easy oil change locations to add and change filters.

I built the bed our of treated wood and put a piece of spray-painted plywood on the roof....saved some cash there cause im cheap and truly dont care what people think about how it looks..lol I did however spring for a cheap windshield...my wife said this aint "Nom" we gotta have some rules... So I bought one for 100$..

I have done stuff with this machine that most people would never attempt to do....EVER.

Your not going to win any races and you wont be hauling around 4 fat chicks in this thing... but its a great machine for a "reasonable" price.

I give it 5 stars. Even if it blew up tomorrow I would still give it 5 stars.

I welded up this seed spreader for it two years ago and it works great. 28886

The ONLY two downsides that I have ever found is that it wont haul more than 2 people (I only have 1 friend anyhow..lol) and it doesnt have power steering (Not a deal breaker for me and one less thing to break anyhow).

I even built a 24" removable "Bed extension" for it this year for additional cargo...lol My wife thought it was ridiculous until it gave her some room for "Essentials"

Last edited:

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
And not to jump on your yamaha comment.... but those are definitely garbage machines.

I have been around 4 wheelers for 30 years and rode and been around people riding just about everything and I have personally seen a pile of big bears break.

I swore 15 years ago I wouldn't buy anything other than a Honda for the rest of my life. Im glad I made the decision. It has saved me a lot of aggravation and expense.

Last edited:

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I have had this machine for several year now and ran the hell out of it so I feel like I can give an honest no BS review..

I can tell you with 100% confidence that this machine is BADASS.

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles and it inst going to break any land speed records. (Top speed of 40)

But it fits in the back of my truck, has plenty of power, it will climb any hill that your brave enough to climb, doesnt cost much compared to the big ones, it can go on the UTE trails because it is narrow, it holds two normal sized people comfortably, it isnt too loud, it doesnt had a transmission not a belt system, it has a good 4 wheel drive system, and it hardly uses any fuel (I run for DAYS on 1 tank of fuel...its ridiculous actually), it has hitch receiver, it has a low range that would literally pull over a house, easy access air filter, easy oil change locations to add and change filters.

I built the bed our of treated wood and put a piece of spray-painted plywood on the roof....saved some cash there cause im cheap and truly dont care what people think about how it looks..lol I did however spring for a cheap windshield...my wife said this aint "Nom" we gotta have some rules... So I bought one for 100$..

I have done stuff with this machine that most people would never attempt to do....EVER.

Your not going to win any races and you wont be hauling around 4 fat chicks in this thing... but its a great machine for a "reasonable" price.

I give it 5 stars. Even if it blew up tomorrow I would still give it 5 stars.

I welded up this seed spreader for it two years ago and it works great. View attachment 28886

The ONLY two downsides that I have ever found is that it wont haul more than 2 people (I only have 1 friend anyhow..lol) and it doesnt have power steering (Not a deal breaker for me and one less thing to break anyhow).

I even built a 24" removable "Bed extension" for it this year for additional cargo...lol My wife thought it was ridiculous until it gave her some room for "Essentials"
You had me until I could not haul more than 3+ 'fat chicks'. I'll keep looking.... :)

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Yes.

Do you think you can offer me any advice or tips on how to accuratley shoot freehand?

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
You aint racing if you aint rubbing...lol

Gonna need to replace after the season. Trees were hard on her this season.

And yes, it was a "pre-owned" piece of plywood with burn marks on it. lol

Reactions: buckbull