Gear Inventory

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Okay so I'm in the process of putting it all away until next year and have noticed some holes in my lineup and some items that need to be replaced.
1. Dog - mine will be 8 next year and this year began to show his age... thinking a pup this spring might be a good idea.
2. Bird Strap - damn near worn in half! It's just a cheap old Avery bird strap and it's hauled thousands of birds out for me but I'm thinking a fancy leather jobby might be in order for next season.
3. Dog Crate... along with the lab his crate is showing its age and I've been seriously thinking about one of those new injection molded crates to help protect my pup.

Your turn... what are your thoughts?

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I need to replace my state. Georgia sucks for waterfowl....lol I have thousands of dollars worth of gear collecting dust.

Maybe its time for an OOSER trip.

On another note I still know how to blow a duck and goose call. My wife said "Wow that sounds good, please stop".

Strait Meat.

Reactions: THelms

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Lol mine would be the fact that I dont have any gear at all and my knowledge of waterfowling is about equal to that nothing. Looks like so much fun though and heard they add re good eating also.

Reactions: Slugz

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
My waterfowl gear in non existent. I should start but there is not many opportunities here to hunt that would justify the costs. I use my friends gear. But they really need to step up their game! Lol

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Okay so I'm in the process of putting it all away until next year and have noticed some holes in my lineup and some items that need to be replaced.
1. Dog - mine will be 8 next year and this year began to show his age... thinking a pup this spring might be a good idea.
2. Bird Strap - damn near worn in half! It's just a cheap old Avery bird strap and it's hauled thousands of birds out for me but I'm thinking a fancy leather jobby might be in order for next season.
3. Dog Crate... along with the lab his crate is showing its age and I've been seriously thinking about one of those new injection molded crates to help protect my pup.

Your turn... what are your thoughts?
Ugh, my dog will be 9 when teal season roles around. Trying to figure out how to manage her last few seasons is difficult.. She was awesome this year, but I'm afraid when she starts to go, it'll be fast.
Bird strap - was gonna link you the guy that did my lanyard and strap, but looks like he's out of business. There's a handful of guys out there that are making pretty nice custom lanyards and straps, a little neater than the regular box store stuff.

I've got 4 pairs of waders, and all have various holes in them.. I'll patch up what I can, but really need to buy a new pair... All my buddies have gone to the breathable style waders, but they just don't look comfortable to me, looks like they're wearing a big parachute.

Other than that, I have so much stuff, I really don't need any more, and could honestly use to sell off a bunch of it. Sold all my fully body goose decoys this year, and will probably get rid of all the full body ducks too. Those Divebomb silos are just too good looking, and are much more manageable for solo hunts

Reactions: THelms and Slugz

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh, my dog will be 9 when teal season roles around. Trying to figure out how to manage her last few seasons is difficult.. She was awesome this year, but I'm afraid when she starts to go, it'll be fast.
Bird strap - was gonna link you the guy that did my lanyard and strap, but looks like he's out of business. There's a handful of guys out there that are making pretty nice custom lanyards and straps, a little neater than the regular box store stuff.

I've got 4 pairs of waders, and all have various holes in them.. I'll patch up what I can, but really need to buy a new pair... All my buddies have gone to the breathable style waders, but they just don't look comfortable to me, looks like they're wearing a big parachute.

Other than that, I have so much stuff, I really don't need any more, and could honestly use to sell off a bunch of it. Sold all my fully body goose decoys this year, and will probably get rid of all the full body ducks too. Those Divebomb silos are just too good looking, and are much more manageable for solo hunts

Old dogs break your heart! As for the waders... just do it, breathable are so much more comfortable. Let me know how you like the Divebombs.