Foxpro Sounds?

BigSurArcher

Very Active Member
Mar 3, 2011
N. CA
So what's everybody's most proven, go-to Foxpro sounds for various varmints?

I just got a Wildfire and am dying to put it to use.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I have a lot of the rabbit is distress calls,the crow fight, and some Mt lion calls. I've used it quite a bit but I have never killed anything when using it. Although I have gotten a lot of coyotes calling back they never seem to come in all the way. I also use a decoy. I prefer the mouth calls that for me seem to work much better.

Kickingmonkey

Jan 10, 2012
I have had good luck with the Lightning Jack, Adult Cottontail, any Raspy Woodpecker and the Scream-N-Grey Fox. I did call in a coon the other night with the Fighting Racoon.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I've had the best luck with the coyote female invitation call. Of corse it works best during mateing season

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
When we use my buddys fox pro, Lightning Jack seems to always have good results. I use all different distress rabbit calls most the time and the coyote pup sound every now and then in the spring and early summer.

wapiti66

Aug 21, 2011
Kansas
One of your best bets is to use something they haven't heard before...an "educated" coyote most likely won't come into the same call twice so if you are calling your spots for the second time around, switch up your call. Just because you didn't see them doesn't mean they didn't hear your call. I like the coyote sounds on my foxpro...they are hardest to duplicate accurately with a mouth call. Other than that I prefer lightning jack or other rabbit distress. I'm still way more successful with my mouth calls.

packer58

Very Active Member
Aug 24, 2011
Loma Rica, Ca.
Cotton Tail distress and screemin jack worked for me on my hunt last month........Fooled nine dogs in a couple days. The Foxbang feature is really cool, program it with the pup in distress and get more doubles...............

003.jpg

Last edited: