FORMER RESIDENT WAS NAUGHTY....

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I bet you the amount of people who do this and get away with it would blow your mind.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I read about that the other day.

It would surprise you at just how many non residents try and get away with buying a resident license and tags. With the new age of computers and states sharing information you would think that they would be catching a lot more than what they do.

Reactions: Conrad8899

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
It is common up here also. The wardens here check residency a lot. When I was working, I wrote a bunch of citations to non-residents that bought resident licenses. It can really add up in crimes, like the Colorado case did. You have a non-resident go hunt a sheep or grizzly without a guide and then transport the animal back home...wow, it get's expensive! And can inspire the Lacy Act. Loss of everything involved, big fines, jail time...It's a big roll of the dice that isn't worth it, if you get caught.

Reactions: Winchester

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
I bet you the amount of people who do this and get away with it would blow your mind.

Lolz at his last name..

Reactions: Bonecollector

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
A wildlife officer stating that this violation wasn't a "Typical Poaching case" was troubling. If this case isn't, then what is? He stole trophy quality animals from legal resident hunters. No Jail time? Loss of hunting licenses for (maybe) 2 years and 2 years of supervised probabtion? Big fine, great...IF he ever pays it. Should have done some time in jail IMO.