Fishing 2017

laxwyo

Very Active Member
Laxwyo, man you're hammering the lakers! Congrats, what's the secret to catching lakers, I've never fished for them.
A boat. Lol

Actually they're frustrating as hell. Lots of little tips like not having your hook completely protruding out of your tube. I've changed hook sizes and thought I had it licked only to miss 98% of the bites. Then, two days later you smash almost everyone that bites. Color is a big deal on flaming gorge. I found a color that looks like it would be a perfect Kokanee imitation only to never get a bite.

Being in big fish water is also good. I'm finally developing a knack to know where to look. Heard they'll probably move come may, but until then, I'll keep smashing haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
JJ, sorry I didn't have time to give you a call. We were doing some dozer work at our place. Did you draw a elk tag? the guy who took the bull, his wife drew a tag this year!

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
Fished in my annual King of the Beach kingfish tourney this weekend and was lucky enough to wins the single engine division and had the 7th biggest kingfish out of 590 boats! Had this fish in the fish bag and on ice by 7 am! Looks like I can repower my boat with winning a brand new 200hp suzuki motor!IMG_2737.jpgIMG_0559.jpgIMG_0328.jpg

Last edited:

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv

Had a great day with the wife fishing the Channel Islands off the Ca coast by Ventura.

Full circle, we were grubbing down on the fish we caught a few hrs earlier.