First Lite Obsidian Merino Pant Review

Timr245

Very Active Member
Jul 21, 2016
Northcentral PA
Picked up a pair of First Lite’s Obsidian Merino Pants last week hoping their claim of 20 to above 80 degree comfort was indeed true. Obviously right now I cant comment on anything under 70 but they are amazing pants so far. Ive been spending alot of time in them from loaded pack hikes to just shooting the bow in the back yard and I’m beyond impressed at their coolness even in 83 degree sun. They do everything they advertise, fit is very athletic (I’m 5’6” 158lbs, wearing a small) but flexes so great you barely notice them. Very breathable also. I can’t speak of their durability yet either but I can’t wait to try these out in colder weather with my First Lite baselayers which have always been amazing. Feel like they would be a great spot and stalk pant for all archery seasons.

Hope this helps if anyone was considering them.

Catahoula12

Very Active Member
Apr 26, 2013
Colorado, was Az.
I have two pair of FL Obsidian pants. I am extremely happy with them! Super comfortable, move well indeed. Well worth it to me. They are almost like wearing PJ’s comfortable. Good choice Timr245.

eastmont

Feb 28, 2014
Whats the exterior material like? Loud winderbreaker like sitka or is is a soft quite material?

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I own a few articles of clothing from them. So far, I've been impressed. Cost is better than Sitka but quality is not. They are also a true ambassador of the outdoors. I think Eastman had a discount code on this. Perhaps Scott can let us know...