Find buck #3.....

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
He is up to the right of the last deer on the right facing away from the camera. He looks to be bedded.

Last edited:

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
It was a pretty decent deer. Had a real weak left fork, other than that I couldn't find anything wrong with it. I was keeping my eyes glued to another one that was out of frame. :D

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
And here's the bedded one in the right center of the frame. Had a little extra to him.

And the one up feeding with the does (bedded).

micropterus79

Jun 19, 2014
San Tan Valley, AZ
Thank you. They are Colorado deer.
Had to ask because I know you're located in TX and, what I believe is the biggest mule deer I have ever seen (in life) was near Ft. Stockton TX. Point is, being from CO, I was shocked at seeing that brute in the West Texas scrub country. Damn near got in a wreck staring at it (I was on I-10 W). I am not any kind of a good antler scorer but it was at least 32 wide and it was also a tall son of a gun with a perfect 4X4 rack. They do exist out there!

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
By the time I get into mule deer country in Texas I might as well just roll on into NM or Colorado, it's just a few more hours. Ft. Stockton area has some good deer. I've seen some over the years come out of the area in the 200-220" range. Well managed ranches can get that quality every year if the weather cooperates. But those are the desert muleys, want to see the studs go up to the farming and cattle country of the panhandle. I know of a few that came from up there this year that went 250+, one giant non-typical that was 278". This year should produce similar since they've already gotten the year's average in rain and getting more now.

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
Top one on this page took a truck ride to Utah the day after that picture was taken, so you'll eat tag soup waiting around on that one.