Finally got out!

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Neat pit blind! And nice colors on those drakes. I almost missed the hen pin.

Hard to have a bad day in a duck blind - glad you guys got out.

Reactions: gonhunting247

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Neat pit blind! And nice colors on those drakes. I almost missed the hen pin.

Hard to have a bad day in a duck blind - glad you guys got out.
Thanks "Rich M" It was fun. First time in the pit blinds. Took about half the day and some pointers from the wildlife area staff to get everything figured out. Once we got the program down things started working well. There is actually a pair of teal by my son too. The Mallard and pintail drakes were gorgeous late season birds for sure :)

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Thanks "Rich M" It was fun. First time in the pit blinds. Took about half the day and some pointers from the wildlife area staff to get everything figured out. Once we got the program down things started working well. There is actually a pair of teal by my son too. The Mallard and pintail drakes were gorgeous late season birds for sure :)
I saw the GW teal. Just funny how the hen pintail blended in a bit, could be that was just focused on the full plume drakes.

Duck season has ended down here - they'll have a Veteran's hunt day and a kids hunt day the next 2 Saturdays and then the fat lady will be out of breath.

Reactions: gonhunting247

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
I saw the GW teal. Just funny how the hen pintail blended in a bit, could be that was just focused on the full plume drakes.

Duck season has ended down here - they'll have a Veteran's hunt day and a kids hunt day the next 2 Saturdays and then the fat lady will be out of breath.
We are done for the year also! My son used his phone with a new wide angle lens, Kind of cool but does distort things a bit.
That pintail hen really shows they are made to hide more than those drakes and all the iridescent colors for sure :)

Reactions: Rich M