Ffl

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
Ive been thinking of getting my ffl for a few years and recently made a few calls to the atf. I was just curious if anyone had one or have ever had one. Been doing a lot of research and just trying to figure out if its worth it.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I looked into it years ago and quickly decided that it wasn't worth it just because of the record keeping that is required.

Reactions: Slugz

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
Depends on what you plan on using it for. There are a number of different FFL classifications, which one are you wanting?
Class 1 mainly just for transfers. Not that i agree with it but it seems that every year more and more guns are being sold online. A lot of people i know order guns and then ship them to an ffl holder. Seems like a decent way to make a little doing something i love . Might even pay some of my gun habit.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I have the C&R license and you that for a few discounts and cool antiques and collectable firearms. It not as much work as your standard FFL but does require the firearm to be classified C&R

Reactions: mosquito

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
I have the C&R license and you that for a few discounts and cool antiques and collectable firearms. It not as much work as your standard FFL but does require the firearm to be classified C&R
I thought about that one also but it would be nice if i ever saw a deal on gunbroker or something just to have it delivered right to the house

Reactions: marcusvdk

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
I got an FFL as soon as I turned 21, after the 3 years when it came up for renewal I let it go. The Clinton administration changed many of the rules and requirements and scared me away from it. I wish I would have kept it.

Reactions: mosquito