Fall Color

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
The colors this fall are spectacular. Last week coming home from a Wyoming antelope hunt, we traveled thru Telluride and Rico (Colorado) but didn't have time to take pictures. This am my wife and I are going back and see if it has lasted and take a few pictures. Her is one from my homeplace. 3 hybrid cottonless cottonwoods on the island in our pond.

BKhunter50

Jan 14, 2017
Canton, Mississippi
So awesome! Thanks for posting CC. I always enjoy what you have to share! I thought I would also let you know how you inspire me. I'm 52 years old and put in for points in most states. Once in a while I'll question if I should still put in for those species that take 20 plus points when I'm sitting at 8-9. Then I think of you. In your seventies and still getting out there enjoying it. So - I'm still putting in for those hard to get species. Lord willing, I'll go some day.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Thank
So awesome! Thanks for posting CC. I always enjoy what you have to share! I thought I would also let you know how you inspire me. I'm 52 years old and put in for points in most states. Once in a while I'll question if I should still put in for those species that take 20 plus points when I'm sitting at 8-9. Then I think of you. In your seventies and still getting out there enjoying it. So - I'm still putting in for those hard to get species. Lord willing, I'll go some day.
Thank you Sir, posts like yours inspire me to share my experiences with everyone!

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
I'm from the Northeast, and have had some friends complain that aspens just don't color up the way oaks and maples did "back there". I disagree. I've always thought the sight of yellow aspens with white trunks in a snow field is one of the prettiest nature scenes ever. Sorry about the ugly old man (guess who) in the photo below but this captured it best from my last trip out last week...