Error on my license

Stevo

Mar 2, 2014
Texas
I applied for a preference point as my first choice and a first rifle tag as second choice. The website shows I drew the tag as a first choice and my elk pref points are now at 0. Luckily, I do have a copy of my application that verifies this, but still just anxious to find out if I really drew the tag or if it's a mistake!

woodtick

Veteran member
Feb 24, 2011
Jim Bridger County, Utah
I applied for a preference point as my first choice and a first rifle tag as second choice. The website shows I drew the tag as a first choice and my elk pref points are now at 0. Luckily, I do have a copy of my application that verifies this, but still just anxious to find out if I really drew the tag or if it's a mistake!
Not cool man!! Let us know how this pans out!!

Stevo

Mar 2, 2014
Texas
Talked to CPWD today, Problem is my dad (other half of my group) applied as the hunt for his first choice and pref point as his second choice. He called to change on the day of the deadline and has a confirmation number of the correction somewhere in his paperwork in Texas, and he is in Colorado for the Summer (working as a camp host). I will go try to look through his paperwork asap. They told me if I cant find the confirmation number, my options are return the tag for last years points which is 2 points, at an expense of $615 or hunt this area and have 0 points. If it were an area that requires 1-2 points, I wouldn't have a problem. But I'm hunting an area that requires 0 points, so I should be hunting and have 3 in the bank. Still hoping it'll work out as it should.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Which 1 of you was the party leader? Seems like both apps should have been disqualified since they were different but looks like they choose the option that would get them the most money...

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Jun 12, 2013
Allegan, MI
That wouldn't happen in Wyoming, as only the party leader can make changes to anything once the applications have been made by those in the party and everything has to match!

Stevo

Mar 2, 2014
Texas
Per page 7 on the big game application catalog: You have to designate a group leader, which was my dad. Everyone in the group has to have the same first hunt codes and the same other hunt codes as well. If the choices are not the same for everyone in the group, the group gets disqualified. My dad called on the day of the deadline to tell them he'd messed up and he got some type of confirmation for change in his application, which was located today and will be emailed to my dad then CPW tomorrow as well. Something must have been changed, or we should've been disqualified per their rules. We applied online. Still hoping it all work out and I'm hunting with 3 points instead of 0.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Per page 7 on the big game application catalog: You have to designate a group leader, which was my dad. Everyone in the group has to have the same first hunt codes and the same other hunt codes as well. If the choices are not the same for everyone in the group, the group gets disqualified. My dad called on the day of the deadline to tell them he'd messed up and he got some type of confirmation for change in his application, which was located today and will be emailed to my dad then CPW tomorrow as well. Something must have been changed, or we should've been disqualified per their rules. We applied online. Still hoping it all work out and I'm hunting with 3 points instead of 0.
I thought I had read that was how it worked but I always apply by my self so I dont really keep up on it. Im still surprised it would take the BP code as a 2nd choice applying online. Hope you get it straitened out and dont loose your points for a 2nd choice tag.