Epic meat bars

JMSZ

Sep 5, 2012
The bison w/ cranberry and bacon is awesome, I tried a beef one, its good, but I didn't like it as much as the bison.

I looked at their website, they have 9 different kinds, including venison, lamb, chicken, etc.

They're about the size of a protein bar, they're not really jerky (more moist than that), not sure what you'd call them, but the shelf life is 1+ year.

They have about the same calories as a Spam slice with a little less fat and a little more protein.

I tried Spam slices last year (straight out of the pouch) for extra calories and I liked them, so I'm going to take those and some of these bars. Spam slices are cheaper (and I think they taste good), the bars add some variety.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
I didn't know they had such a thing! I make a sandwich, a couple of cliff bars and a few mini candy bars. Old school, oh ya some venison jerky. :)

greentimber

Oct 29, 2012
Tennessee
They actually have a dozen, at least. I ordered a 12-pack variety and tried 10 of those 12 over the last couple days. The bison one you mentioned and the wild boar one are the only two that I found to be edible. Most of the others are obscenely salty or just plain taste like sh!t. Haven't tried the venison one and one other I can't recall yet.

brianboh

Jun 4, 2015
Powell, Wyoming
They actually have a dozen, at least. I ordered a 12-pack variety and tried 10 of those 12 over the last couple days. The bison one you mentioned and the wild boar one are the only two that I found to be edible. Most of the others are obscenely salty or just plain taste like sh!t. Haven't tried the venison one and one other I can't recall yet.
I ate the Bison with Cranberries. It tasted like shit to me. I don't know if I want to waste the money on anymore.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Had a bite once.....just didn't like em. Peanut butter, banana, honey, bacon sandwich on wheat here. Snickers, venison stick/elk jerky and crackers for the snack.

brianboh

Jun 4, 2015
Powell, Wyoming
[video=youtube;kstRHZoTJtg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kstRHZoTJtg[/video]
Good video but not sure it makes it taste any better. Wonder how they are going to get around selling the elk they killed as special edition bars. Thought it would have to be USDA approved and it is illegal to sell wild game