Elk and wolf tracks on GR Feedground

307Wapiti

Mar 11, 2011
Wyoming
I know exactly where you're at then. I had a friend that said he drove through the Green River Lakes campground and it was posted that no overnight camping was allowed due to the Grizz. I would really like to put in for deer there, but I don't own a sidearm yet (saving for a 4" S&W 500). I don't think I could take just my bow up without a sidearm.

Sharpstick

Mar 1, 2011
Kamas, Utah
Don't know if I'm man enough to bow hunt in grizz and wolf country. I only hope we can keep the wolf population low here in Utah. Great pics...thanks for sharing.

307Wapiti

Mar 11, 2011
Wyoming
Sounds like Wyoming is going to be able to move forward with its wolf control plan later this year if things move as planned. From what I understand the US Fish and Wildlife had appealed Wyoming's plan, but has now dropped that appeal and will now negotiate with the State. That is fantastic news that is long overdue.

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
We hunted a little bit by there this year, I did see one wolf, and dang those things are big! The locals told us they are canadian timber wolves. Would be nice to see some take a dirt nap and leave all the elk alone.