Electronic Bow Sight

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
No disrespect but in the trash. A little comparison if you will-- Nascar the last few years was all about the cars set up not the drivers ability (which was getting boring) now the new car puts the success or lack of on the drivers ability. I think we are taking the hunt out of hunters and the escape, and elude away from the animals that we pursue with all the new make it easier on us tech. If its legal and you want to use it iam good with that but in the west i dont think we need to improve our harvest rates while herds are decreasing. Besides when i get my bow dialed in its a feeling of accomplishment that i did it myself. Just an opinion from a high desert bow hunter with 41yrs of pulling a string.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Personally, I feel a bit guilty even using a rangefinder. I would never hook something like this to my bow. That just me.

Plus, if I did have it hooked to my bow the batteries would die or it would stop working about 10 minutes into my limited quota draw unit elk hunt....lol Thats just my luck.

Reactions: sleepingbear

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
I assume that one range finds and adjusts your pin??

I believe I saw a sight or bolt on range finder.... which I like the idea of.... to use a separate range finder in many situations then to stuff in your pocket etc... out of the way, then draw....and get on the animal.... is a lot sometimes, I like the idea of being on target, being able to range the animal and go right to 1 of my 5 pins.... to me that's the best setup.... although as of now I simply have a separate range finder handheld...

maybe it's coming form the IL whitetail world.... but ranging a buck you intend to shoot, adjusting a 1 pin sight to that yardage, and shooting the animal, would almost never work IMO. I see these shows out west....with 1 pin, which sure at 100yrds etc... might be nice.... but around here, if from a tree stand, usually you range trees etc...ahead of time and a cruising buck, doesn't leave you much time usually to get on target, pick your pin, and shoot.

Reactions: sleepingbear

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
any link to state laws regarding this?

seems like there might be a difference between a range finding sight that;
a. adjusts the pin for you automatically
b. pin or pins you have to adjust/set and is basically just a range finder attached to your bow