Eastmans EBJ and EHJ readers

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
Wondering what you all turn to first when you get your magazine in the mail. Do you read it cover to cover or do you like a certain section? As for me I turn through the pages to look over all of the trophies first, then I got to the tips and tactics, and I have to turn to Darrin Coopers articles in the EBJ first. How about you?

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
Another thing I like to do (call me crazy) is put a sticky note on the pages with interest to me. Like South Cox's stalking tips for mule deer or Darrin Coopers steps to better bow shooting. Then I can look back if there is anything I have questions on or would like to read again. It gives me a quick reference instead of having to go through all the issues to find that one thing I know was in there.

Feb 21, 2011
Edmonton AB.
I like to leave a surprise for myself. I put the new issue, unopened, on top of the Eastman's pile next to my bathroom and read it one story at a time. That way I get a little hunting goodness infused to my day for as long as possible.

twp1224

Mar 6, 2011
Central Coast
Another thing I like to do (call me crazy) is put a sticky note on the pages with interest to me. Like South Cox's stalking tips for mule deer or Darrin Coopers steps to better bow shooting. Then I can look back if there is anything I have questions on or would like to read again. It gives me a quick reference instead of having to go through all the issues to find that one thing I know was in there.
Thats no crazy, unless i'm crazy too. I do the same and it has been very useful.

wolftalonID

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
I like to take it all in. The glossy pics, the big ol smiling faces of success, the stories. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Then I read it. One story at a time, sometimes interupted for four or five minutes of drooling as I day dream of being on a hunt, or remenising over past hunts. Its embarrassing if caught staring into space at work while holding the thing though. More so when you have some drool almost to your boots. LOL.

I love getting these though. Really does make for some fun to read and enjoy everyones success each edition.

6mm Remington

Very Active Member
Mar 27, 2011
Western Montana
Depends if I'm really tired at night when I start to read it. If I get a new one and I'm too tired to read for a while, I'll look through at all the pictures in about 10 minutes and go to sleep. If not, it's cover to cover. Start at the front and end at the back! I like to then pass them to neighbor friends who hunt or leave them at work where the public might pick one up to read as it is left for the taking. I figure it might turn a non-hunter into a hunter, and even if the person already is an outdoorsman, it might lead them to Eastman's and a subscription as it's such a great magazine! And no, Eastman's DID NOT put me up to say that!

David