Eastern Region G scouting trip

fackelberry

Aug 27, 2013
Wyoming
Just got back from the Eastern side of region G. I was scouting for my moose but thought i would relay some info to a few that might be hunting deer over there this year. I seen a fair amount of does in the 2 days i was there. most by the roads. I seen 3 seperate does with twin fawns and they looked in pretty good shape. Also seen a fair amount of bucks, a couple 5x5s a few 4x5s and a few smaller 3 pointers. Most of these were seen out of the truck as i was driving from place to place. I did hike back in 2.5 miles and had to take a look at a few bucks i spotted from the road below with spotting scope. So it seems to me there is a decent amount of deer around, i've never deer hunted there personally but looks ok. Maybe the winter wasn't all bad. I will have a deer tag in my pocket though while i'm hunting moose just incase i see a good one, because if i didn't you know i will see a good one! Just an update from where i was.

Againstthewind

Very Active Member
Mar 25, 2014
Upton, WY
Just got back from the Eastern side of region G. I was scouting for my moose but thought i would relay some info to a few that might be hunting deer over there this year. I seen a fair amount of does in the 2 days i was there. most by the roads. I seen 3 seperate does with twin fawns and they looked in pretty good shape. Also seen a fair amount of bucks, a couple 5x5s a few 4x5s and a few smaller 3 pointers. Most of these were seen out of the truck as i was driving from place to place. I did hike back in 2.5 miles and had to take a look at a few bucks i spotted from the road below with spotting scope. So it seems to me there is a decent amount of deer around, i've never deer hunted there personally but looks ok. Maybe the winter wasn't all bad. I will have a deer tag in my pocket though while i'm hunting moose just incase i see a good one, because if i didn't you know i will see a good one! Just an update from where i was.
Thanks, good luck on the moose, too. That's pretty cool. I used to know a ranch owner around Big Piney that got moose through his place, but its been awhile, and he was kindof an ----. No help there, sorry. Thanks for the info, though.

fackelberry

Aug 27, 2013
Wyoming
Yep no problem, my moose tag is on all forest service so no private land hunting for me. Guess we will see what else i turn up next scouting trip in a few weeks!

wycathunter

Feb 2, 2018
wyoming
and also im hoping this year i end up with a moose tag in 25 and if so gonna take an extra few days to look for mule deer, im from eastern wyoming and have been trying to make it over there the last couple of years to give region g a try but havent found the time.