E-Bikes For Hunting?

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I bought an emtn bike. not because i wanted one, but because it was available. it is from a major bike company, so it has good components ect.
fricken fun, but no way in hell you can convince me it is not motorized. They are a motorized tool and should be treated as such. But holy hell you can fly up hill.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Yup, the uses for any off road tool need to be managed properly. I agree these are motorized most definetly. One thing I will say though is that I don't think that they cause the same level of disturbance as say an ATV or a UTV. Which makes me wonder if in the future if E-Bikes will be granted some different statuses.

Reactions: Winchester

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I hope the rule does not change, the only reason people want to have the rules changed, is so they can use a motorized tool where they could not before. some places need to stay nonmotorized.

the ebike is for the same style of hunter that wants to ride around on an atv or sidebyside. nothing wrong with it, but still motorized and way easier than having to peddle in or hike in.

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
As long as it's legal I have no problem at all with e-bikes. It's the same with atv's, as long as they are legally used on designated roads or atv trails they can have at it. The problem lies with those who don't abide by the rules which ruins it for everyone.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Yup, the uses for any off road tool need to be managed properly. I agree these are motorized most definetly. One thing I will say though is that I don't think that they cause the same level of disturbance as say an ATV or a UTV. Which makes me wonder if in the future if E-Bikes will be granted some different statuses.
I hope not but they probably will because hunters are getting lazier with every new generation .

personally I will quit hunting before I will ever buy such a thing . same goes for motorcycles and atvs.

Reactions: Mule3006Elk

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
As long as it's legal I have no problem at all with e-bikes. It's the same with atv's, as long as they are legally used on designated roads or atv trails they can have at it. The problem lies with those who don't abide by the rules which ruins it for everyone.

View attachment 37181
Agreed, like any other tool used properly it can be a very good thing. Technology doesn’t quit advancing, we have to react and build rules/guidelines and then follow them,

JaffH_iii

Apr 3, 2022
The property I hunt is 18,000 acres and doesn’t allow ATV use to get around. So, I’ve been using a bike for the last 8 years. I wouldn’t go back to an ATV even if they were legal. A bike like this is easier to transport and much stealthier and will pull out a deer with the carts designed for them. Personally, I use a Royce Union bike and would recommend it highly along with a good headlight for gravel riding. They aren’t cheap but IMO the way to go!

Mule3006Elk

Jul 3, 2013
Non-motorized means non-motorized. I'm against them in non-motorized areas. It's an aide bottom line I don't care how you slice it. Kidoggy said it perfect each generation is getting lazier.