Durango CO Meat Processors

pcc2b

May 15, 2011
Nashville, TN
I have checked around and the closest one I have found is in Cortez (1hr away). There is a processor listed for Bayfield, but their phone is not working. I had someone tell me that they are either out of business or don't open up until the season opens. Here are their #'s

Cortez - Bane's Custom Packing - 970-565-3011
Bayfield - The buck stops here - 970-884-1118

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
If you need any help while your here, feel free to contact me with a PM. I will be in Wyoming elk hunting starting on the 13th of September, return home in Colorado by the 27th. Don't know when you are scheduled to be here. I will also be gone to Nevada for a regional Cowboy Action shoot in mid October. Gather by you alias that you are a bow hunter, so probably September is your gig.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I'll give you an update on the situation here. I was in the mts pretty much all day Sat. Weather during the day has been pretty warm...in the 80's and down to the 50's at night. Everything real green and lush...still some nice wildflowers. Lots of bugs...bring plenty of spray! Weather pattern has changed slightly in the last week, more PM thundershowers. Saturday coming south over Lizardhead Pass it was an absolute deluge with lots of thunder & lightning. Pattern predicted to dry out slightly in the next week. Be prepared for PM storms, especially at higher altitudes, watch out for the lightning as it can get pretty bad.If you are camping, forest service has lifted their summer fire ban. Schools are back in session, so mts have a lot fewer visitors. If you are planning on using an atv to get to your hunting area or game retrieval, check with the Durango Forest/Public Lands office as new rules are in place that limit where you can use atvs. Both good and bad here.

Lastly...good luck guys.

OR Archer

May 27, 2011
Eugene, OR
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the info!! Been keeping a close eye on the weather. Not thrilled with the forecast of the T-storms but we will deal. The rain we are used to. Ill be sure to throw some bug dope in my pack too!