Drew out in Colorado

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Just got a email that I drew my Colorado turkey tag. Just what I didn't expect.

Time to unlimber the 10ga.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Ya, if I had a OTC area in my back yard I would be hunting them here every year. But unit 44 is a draw unit so I'll have to be happy with it this year. It is also nice that I can take a hot shower and sleep in my own bed every night.

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
I'm glad you got it. Everyone should be able to chase big gobbs! I'm spoiled here as well i usually walk out the back gate of my yard listening to a couple.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
That’s great. I’ve only had the chance at turkeys once and they are pretty scarce in Nv.

Good luck!

Wyoming Hart

Very Active Member
Oct 10, 2014
Spring Run, PA
Congratulations. I still can't fathom a drawing for a turkey tag, but I guess I am spoiled being surrounded by turkeys and the chance to buy a second tag as well. Let us know how your season goes!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
You have to realize that where I am located at here in Colorado is that we are at 6000'+ up to 14,000'. Really not what I would call turkey country. Depending on the year we can have a very high winter kill if we get too much snow for them to scratch out feed. Even the river and creek bottoms will be frozen and covered by 2'+ of snow.

But the last couple of year have been good ones so I should have a fun time once enough of the snow leaves and the mud dries out a little so that I can get out and see what I can find. I took a ride yesterday and the snow line in my unit is still lower than 7,000' and a lot of the turkeys are still down on the private.