Drew a tag... 6B

ChadH

Nov 22, 2011
Mount Rainier
My 15 year old son and I drew our 2nd choice, Archery Cow tag, for 6B. This is his first Elk bow hunt, he has killed one cow with a gun, so I am actually ok with the cow tag. It will be a great chance for him to get in the back country a bit with his bow, while we are still building points for a bull hunt in the future. I really like the the country in 6B and have a cousin in Sedona, so it should be fun.

Anybody with any tips for hunting cows in 6B with a bow, I'd love to hear them. I am starting more research now. I'd kind of like to back pack in a ways somewhere, and camp for a week with him. I know there are a lot of roaded areas, but they closed a bunch of those in the past couple years, correct?

Thanks for the help guys,
Chad

Last edited:

ChadH

Nov 22, 2011
Mount Rainier
Actually, I had a typo... it was 2nd choice. In any case, no matter what choice you are drawn on, you loose your points. We had 0 points going into this year, I used mine a couple years ago, and just started putting my son in for AZ this year, so we were starting from scratch and didn't have anything to loose. We had 6B bull as our first choice and cow as second (we have relatives in Sedona, and have been wanting to hunt this unit). The NR cow draw odds in that unit were <11%.

Last edited: