Does Eastmans still do MRS

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Yes, we still publish the MRS. Straight from Ike and Guy, we will NEVER quit publishing the MRS in the printed magazines. However, one of the requests we received for YEARS was to have every single antlered unit covered. Well that is pretty tough to do in limited amounts of print space in the journals. It is also a massive challenge navigating getting the most up to date data in the journals to people before application deadlines. For instance I have had Nevada post their new season updates 2 days after we went to print, beyond frustrating for me and for all of you as subscribers.

Enter TagHub, Ike tasked me with launching, building and maintaining it and as a result we can now publish every single antlered unit and we are adding antlerless hunts for elk as there have been a lot of requests for it. We are also able to update data much closer to real time giving the best information out there so hunters can make the best decisions on their applications for their needs.

2023 is also going to be a big year for TagHub. We have some major updates coming, we are calling it TagHub 2.0 however we are making about 5 jumps in technology as that world is simply moving that fast. There will be 3D maps, new sorting options, new ways to prioritize what is important to you, etc.

@Winchester has been a HUGE part of all of this for the last 18 months or so, if he wants to chime in it would be great.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I have been thinking of buying into tag hub. Please make sure us non computer tech savy people can still use it.

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
@Winchester has been a HUGE part of all of this for the last 18 months or so, if he wants to chime in it would be great.
As Scott said, we will continue to work diligently to ensure the MRS tables are accurate and useful to our readers.
However, the reality is, for many species the vast number of hunts offered by each state FAR exceeds what we can fit into the printed magazine MRS tables. We include as many Blue Chips as possible but their are often some really good Green Chips that just don't fit.

We're working on adding Cow Elk hunts into our TagHub data base (for all you meat hunters, like me) but there won't be room for them in the magazines.
It's also an unfortunate reality that states don't always make their new data available in time to get it into the print magazines.
But as the new information becomes available, we'll add it to TagHub.

Bottom-line:
- While the magazine tables are great, they're only a small sample of all the hunts available (and may not have all the newest data from the state).
- TagHub will include EVERYTHING ... cow hunts, specialty hunts (CWMU, RFW, etc), ALL Green / Yellow Chip Hunts, etc, along with all the newest data from each state ... AND you can easily sort everything to narrow down all those hunts to the ones that best suit you.
There will also be major updates Scott mentioned that are coming soon.