Disappearing threads

NDHunter

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2011
North Dakota
I've noticed lately that threads often disappear after I look at them or after I post something in them. Anybody else notice this too or maybe it's already been discussed?

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
I've noticed lately that threads often disappear after I look at them or after I post something in them. Anybody else notice this too or maybe it's already been discussed?
It's the government watch dogs their watching you. :D

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Againstthewind

Very Active Member
Mar 25, 2014
Upton, WY
Are they just going to the already read list? There is a a header that shows "These Threads have been updated since your lost visit" or something like that. If no one posts after you did, it doesn't show up in the unread section so you have to search for it in the search box. I am not sure if that is what you meant, but it sends the threads you have read to the back fo the que until someone else posts and makes them new, hey that kindof rhymed, sweet.

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
I thought it was just me being new here, but I experienced the same disappearing thread issue. I noticed if I would close the forum, go back in a bit, it was there. Does it get pulled off while updating or maybe I am doing something wrong? Either way, not a huge deal for me, but I do think go_deep may be on to something.

Againstthewind

Very Active Member
Mar 25, 2014
Upton, WY
lol, maybe that is it. That must be what happens to all those posts that have "bomb" and "Pennsylvania Ave." in them. At least everybody knows the secret service's weakness in the off-hours.

tttoadman

Very Active Member
Nov 16, 2012
Oregon
I thought it was just me being new here, but I experienced the same disappearing thread issue. I noticed if I would close the forum, go back in a bit, it was there. Does it get pulled off while updating or maybe I am doing something wrong? Either way, not a huge deal for me, but I do think go_deep may be on to something.
Don't tell anybody you are from Portland because the Mods may take you for a crazy hippy spy. Say something like Molalla where I live. I have never been stalked by the moderators on here.

And.........................Welcome to the Forum !!

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
We have removed a few lately due to some issues. We want this forum to stay positive. This forum is here to help new hunters as well as you seasoned hunters. If we think things in the threads are no going in a positive direction we will remove them on occasion. A good debate is always welcome and expected as long as there is no personal attacks.

If you have any questions please PM myself or Scott and we can answer them. Thank you all for being here and continue to be apart of Eastmans.

NDHunter

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2011
North Dakota
We have removed a few lately due to some issues. We want this forum to stay positive. This forum is here to help new hunters as well as you seasoned hunters. If we think things in the threads are no going in a positive direction we will remove them on occasion. A good debate is always welcome and expected as long as there is no personal attacks.
Yea I noticed a thread or two that have completely disappeared and understandably so. That's not what I am talking about though. When I am done writing this post and then go back to the main page of threads, it won't be there for me to look at again until somebody else posts something new here. It isn't that big of a deal but still a little annoying so I was just curious if that was happening to other people too.

mnhoundman

Veteran member
Oct 25, 2012
Minnesota
Yea I noticed a thread or two that have completely disappeared and understandably so. That's not what I am talking about though. When I am done writing this post and then go back to the main page of threads, it won't be there for me to look at again until somebody else posts something new here. It isn't that big of a deal but still a little annoying so I was just curious if that was happening to other people too.

I also have this happen, if I post something and hit my back button on my phone it won't be there. But if I hit the FORUM button on top of the page after I hit the post reply it is there. Must just need to reset or update. And does so when you hit the forum button. That's my hypothesis.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
That's how it works. Once you have made a post it will disapear. You will have to go to the main section of where the thread originated from to see it until someone eles posts on that thread then it will pop back up for you to see. This didn't used to happen but does now since that last web site update.

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
Don't tell anybody you are from Portland because the Mods may take you for a crazy hippy spy. Say something like Molalla where I live. I have never been stalked by the moderators on here.

And.........................Welcome to the Forum !!
Thanks. Nice country out that way. I see you are familiar with Portland. For the record, I live in Tualatin, south of Portland...grew up in Stayton, not far from you. So while I am often crazy, I have a genetic predisposition which prevents me being infected with anything Hippy or Hipster. My wife says the immunity is because the back of my neck is red, but I am not sure. Hahaha!