Digital subscription app

brushcreek

Apr 4, 2013
Arkansas
I've switched over the digital version of the EHJ and EBHJ and was surprised to see i couuld not access the downloaded issues via the Ipad app if I did not have wi fi service. Am I doing something wrong or do you have to be online to be able to view issues using the app?

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
You do need internet connection to download. Once you have it downloaded you shouldn't need connection.

brushcreek

Apr 4, 2013
Arkansas
after I download the issue and then try to go back in off line to read it, i get the following message: "Offline mode: You are currently offline and cannot retrieve this data."

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
This issue will be resolved ASAP, it was available and the app was updated. The host found a glitch and that is where this issue is coming from

Eastmans' Staff Digital Media Coordinator

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Yup, absolutely can. This one is my department and we are in the middle of fixing it now. Thanks for being patient with this.

Mad Mountain Mike

Jun 29, 2014
This issue will be resolved ASAP, it was available and the app was updated. The host found a glitch and that is where this issue is coming from

Eastmans' Staff Digital Media Coordinator
Is the host Gtxcel, and what exactly is ASAP? I first noticed the glitch in May and contacted GT and was assured it would be fixed within a couple of weeks. Now here we are a couple of weeks away from sheep season ( the reason I've been saving my issues ) and still no fix.
I'd be real interested to know for sure if it'll be fixed by the opener ( Aug 25 ) or if I should be looking for other reading material for those fogged in days.

brushcreek

Apr 4, 2013
Arkansas
I'm still not able to view downloaded issues on my ipad once I'm offline. The app is showing up in my newstand not sure if that is ok or not.