Demographics of Eastmans Hunting Forum

Jun 29, 2016
Coastal Maine
65 Blue blood New Englander. Direct descendent of Roger Williams who founded Rhode Island moms side. Fathers side first settlers of New York. I'm a self employed construction worker still roofing and building houses. It's that Puritan work ethic thing. My conservative friends think I'm a Commie and my liberal friends think I'm a Nazi. Oh and I graduated from an all girls Prep school. Always been and still am a straight White man. HUH? I don't really fit anyones demographics.

cacklercrazy

Feb 24, 2011
50 yrs old born and raised in Modesto,Ca
Been a dairyman or farm manager all my life. The reason for my name of cacklercrazy is we use to kill a crazy amount of cacklers here in the valley. I probably hunt for waterfowl today than big game because it's easier to get away from the dairy for a few hours versus days to big game hunt. I do still love a sun rise on top of a mountain.

Reactions: idcwby

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
50 yrs old born and raised in Modesto,Ca
Been a dairyman or farm manager all my life. The reason for my name of cacklercrazy is we use to kill a crazy amount of cacklers here in the valley. I probably hunt for waterfowl today than big game because it's easier to get away from the dairy for a few hours versus days to big game hunt. I do still love a sun rise on top of a mountain.
So what exactly is a cackler?

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
Im 43 in September lived in ohio most of my life . 1 year in Atlanta ga 2 years in winterhaven fl as a kid. Married 2 kids and im a electrician to pay for my obsessions ( hunting , walleye fishing and shooting)

Reactions: idcwby

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Thank you sir. I’ve never had the opportunity to do much bird hunting outside of turkey hunting so I wasn’t quite sure. I appreciate the feedback

Reactions: marcusvdk

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
I will be 50 next month. Born and raised in Oregon. I work for a small construction Company where I am a manager/ superintendent/ foreman/ operator/ laborer.
hunting has always been my number one hobby every since I got my first BB gun. bow hunting elk is my favorite. I pretty much just hunt deer and elk.

cacklercrazy

Feb 24, 2011
So what exactly is a cackler?
Small sub species of Canadian geese. I've had 2 to 3 thousands hit the spread before. Looks like a black cyclone coming down. If you keep your wits you can get 3 to 5 birds each. I know I have shot at least 4 sets of quads. Birds don't work Modesto like they used to. The rich boys in the delta are feeding them corn and keeping them up there.

Attachments

Veighag

Oct 6, 2020
I think I'm the youngest here, since I'm only 19 years old :) But honestly, it seems to me that I'm much older in my soul ... I have many friends who are already over 30 and I'm really interested in communicate with them. We have many common topics that we can discuss together. I also constantly try to improve somehow in various industries. For example, I recently decided to make repairs at my home (Yes, I have a small house, I have been working since 15 years old and I managed to save a small amount, everything that I was missing was added by my parents). It turned out to be a very interesting activity that brought me many new acquaintances. I also discovered the great service maxima-aluminum.com. If you do repairs, be sure to pay attention to them. Now I spend all my time studying. I hope I graduate from college with good grades ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Colorado Cowboy