Deer 2021

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
I’m just seeing what everyone thinks about the late seasons for next year? I’m gonna use my 2 points and tossing around 3-4 different areas, so do you think 2nd or 3rd season, both will be later and my concern is between this year and next is if to many bucks will be killed before the 3rd season next year and if 2nd might be better? I know weather will have a big affect?

Reactions: MuleyHunter

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Between the two seasons I would always pick the later one.

You have more of a chance to actually find a better buck as they are moving down.

I know that last year 2nd season out in unit 21 was a bust for a lot. The deer had just started to move into in and down lower. I never did hear how 3rd season was out there but I know from what I saw on 2nd that it had to be a lot better than what we had.

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
Thanks, I was leaning towards the third!! And like was mentioned who knows what draw odds will do so hopefully still draw lol!!

Reactions: LCH

Stevo

Mar 2, 2014
Texas
I'd expect even more point creep next year with the later seasons. I'm going to apply for a 3rd season with 3 more points than was needed to guarantee a tag this year. I didn't draw the 4th season tag I though I would this year with 1 more than was needed to guarantee it last year.

Reactions: DoubleDropMuley

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
There was a lota point creep this year and there will be twice as much next year. Id look at second season to draw with 2 points unless its a near leftover tag unit. If the deer are in ur hunt unit go get them. People take the easy way out and pray for snow and hormones to make it easy for them. Go second and go get em. If the unit has a migration aided reputation then u mite need to wait on the weather hormones that the third and fourth seasons shall surely provide.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
A lot a units if you are putting in with what you think are max points you will have problems drawing.

5 years ago a unit 61 muzzle loader deer tag for a resident took 16 points to guarantee a tag but around half of the residents that put in with 15 also drew. I had 17 the same year so I drew my tag with 1 extra. That year according to the statistics 15 was max points to draw before the draw.