Dead Horse #1 Sub unit of Imnaha

KevMo

Oct 21, 2014
Terrebonne, OR
Drew the tag, any info on the area would be helpful. Haven't been in that neck of the woods for over 15years. The write up said it that the area was 55% public anyone know if the local land owners are pro-hunting? Has anyone had success in that part of the unit?

Thanks,

Kev

OregonJim

Very Active Member
Feb 19, 2014
Oregon Coast
Unfortunately I don't have anything to offer for that unit.
I'd get in touch with the closest ODFW. They might even have some names of folks who would like to see some cows culled.

I'd definately get an introduction out there. It usually opens folks up a bit.

KevMo

Oct 21, 2014
Terrebonne, OR
Thanks Jim,

I reached out ODFW last week and they gave me a name of a land owner who is pro hunting, I'm leaving in the morning for the intro's. Maybe with a little luck we'll have one in the freezer!

Iron Mike

Oct 23, 2014
Tumalo, Oregon
What part of the Imnaha is that? I bow hunted it in and out of the Eagle Caps this year and got into lots of Elk. May be able to help. I apologize if this reply shows up twice. It doesn't look like it sent the first time!

KevMo

Oct 21, 2014
Terrebonne, OR
Mike,

I'll be hunting the NE corner of the unit. Starting at railroad canyon road to big sheep's creek heading south to make t rectangle. It's steep I can tell by Google earth, it's the land owners I'm concerned about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Iron Mike

Oct 23, 2014
Tumalo, Oregon
Kevin when does the hunt start? I will pm you my phone # Im in Hawaii on buisness (and doing some hunting) But may be able to help. I have a good friend that is flying over here tonight that owns a ranch in Wallowa and knows the Imnaha unit like the back of his hand. Without looking at a unit map it seems you bay be hunting north and east of me. I am going to be swamped tommorow but Sunday would be a good time to talk.