Dads antlers gone

mjcramer

Aug 23, 2021
Sagle Idaho
My dad past away in 92 a friend of his was keeping the antlers in a bar in Lolo my which he owned when my dad passed we went to get the antlers and he said he had sold them to a guy from the east coast been looking a long time.EC3957AB-2DD8-4148-8D3C-25C4EF54D311.jpeg

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
man. that's a dick punch!!!!! but he did store it for 30 years. could be he figured you didn't care about them.

in no way implying what he did was right . just acknowledging people seldom do what is right when it comes to monetary choices.

if you could get the name of the guy who bought them , you might appeal to his sense of right and wrong ??? doubt it will work but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Last edited:

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
They are probobly in a restraunt somewhere. If I ever see them I will let you know. Pretty unmistakable antlers right there.

Reactions: Winchester

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Take the Bar Owner to court.
I watched a Judge Judy show one time where the owner of a bison mount had taken a bar owner to court. They lost, there was no written agreement about the mount on what was to be done with it when the bar owner no longer wanted it and it had been in the bar for quite a long time.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I want to make sure i understand what you typed. your dad passed away 29 years ago and you are just now getting around to getting the antlers?
if that is accurate, you can't blame the bar owner.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
It seams every couple of years a thread like this pops up .

I Could be wrong but the picture looks familiar from one of the other threads.

Reactions: kidoggy

mjcramer

Aug 23, 2021
Sagle Idaho
It seams every couple of years a thread like this pops up .

I Could be wrong but the picture looks familiar from one of the other threads.
My bothers and I have the only pics the picture was taken in our cabin on flathead lake just before it went to the bar

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
I would call the RMEF and ask how much to run a tiny add about the antlers or a letter to their mag with pics and they may run it for you.
Lots of folks all over the country take their magazine . Might be a long shot but can't hurt to inquire.