D14 bucks

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
The weather guessers keep talking about a late El Nino, but I do not have a lot of faith in that prediction. Drew an X-12 tag, so I will not be hunting D-14 this year. I am sure going to miss all of that dust!
Congrats on your tag! How many points did you have? Hopefully you'll get some honey holes from Don and tag a nice one! I'll be chasing trophy Mule deer in San Diego County and D14 again this year, lol. Still debating if I'm going to pull a over-the-counter tag out-of-state some where.

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
My fee's are high Saw ! Lol ! I'd love to get back into X12 again for some revenge.
I have the first week of Oct. reserved for my Nevada area 231 tag I drew and maybe last week . First week of Nov. for Wy. and other than that a D16 and D14 for Ca.. Don't know about Az. yet. Muleys 24 is going to be my packer this year. :)

Last edited:

Sawfish

Very Active Member
Jun 9, 2011
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Congrats on your tag! How many points did you have? Hopefully you'll get some honey holes from Don and tag a nice one! I'll be chasing trophy Mule deer in San Diego County and D14 again this year, lol. Still debating if I'm going to pull a over-the-counter tag out-of-state some where.
I had 4 points going into the draw. The OTC out of state tags are getting tougher to come by since CO went to draw only on Mule Deer. I think you can get an OTC Blacktail tag in Oregon. Texas has OTC tags for Whitetail and Mule deer, but not much public land worth hunting. Not sure about Don's Honey Holes since he came home sore footed and empty handed on his last try at X-12 (LOL).

Sawfish

Very Active Member
Jun 9, 2011
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
My fee's are high Saw ! Lol ! I'd love to get back into X12 again for some revenge.
I have the first week of Oct. reserved for my Nevada area 231 tag I drew and maybe last week . First week of Nov. for Wy. and other than that a D16 and D14 for Ca.. Don't know about Az. yet. Muleys 24 is going to be my packer this year. :)
If things go as planned (which rarely happens), I plan on getting up to X-12 before the season for a scouting trip. I have a friend that moved to Mountain Ranch last year, who usually keeps tabs on X-12. I will give him a call closer to the season to see if he knows any hot places.

Sevy

Apr 24, 2014
So. Cal. Mountains
Whoo-Yah!! Pulled X9A with an average 2 points between my eldest son and I. X9A has yet to let me down in times I've pulled it. To top it off, my youngest (13) pulled the J11 late season hunt on his first year of hunting. Ah...feeling like the big hunter up stairs is smiling on my family this year. Lets all hope for a little weather this fall up and down the west.

TahoeBuck

Oct 28, 2018
Any news on 2018 season up there? Folks having a good year? Had a nice 2x2 last year - hoping to go back with my dad and brother this week!

87TT

Very Active Member
Apr 23, 2013
Idaho
Doesn't look like it's drawing but as a restricted tag, you have to get it early before it sells out. Glad I moved from there a few years ago.