CWD in Flattops elk.

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
It is a truth as more elk are testing positive around the NW/Flat tops units for cwd… Getting to be a issue

Not good at all - from who I talked with they say it is getting to be a problem. The word mitigation was getting used.

youngbuck2

Nov 4, 2016
Minnesota
Im headed to this area on Monday. With mandatory CWD testing this year, I expected to see an increase of positive cases.....do we think there is truly an increase in CWD or just an increase in reporting? I have to believe CWD has been in the heard to some respect for some time.....

If mitigation is being discussed, thats not good for future hunts. Many people are already complaining of over hunting and lack of animals in the current situation, i cant imagine the backlash if they opt to increase in efforts to nip CWD!

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Personally I believe the more we look, the more we will find. The thing is the media likes this one too as it drives a lot of traffic. Is it worth watching???? Yes, is it worth eradicating the upper age class of CO mule deer bucks with a bee season structure???? I don’t think so.

Reactions: D_Dubya

DanPickar

Mar 4, 2014
Wyoming
The more you test, the more you will find. CWD has been around for quite some time and hasn't caused much detriment to the herds.

Reactions: Hilltop