CORNERSTONE GUN DOG TRAINING ACADEMY

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Well, got the pup home after a long wait and even longer drive. Named him Hondo... I will be using the Cornerstone Gun Dog Academy 52+ program to train him. I will be dropping weekly updates on our progress and hope you guys follow along and ask questions as we go! Weekly videos and coaching with Barton Ramsey of Southern Oak Kennels as well.

This is going to be a fun journey.

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Well, got the pup home after a long wait and even longer drive. Named him Hondo... I will be using the Cornerstone Gun Dog Academy 52+ program to train him. I will be dropping weekly updates on our progress and hope you guys follow along and ask questions as we go! Weekly videos and coaching with Barton Ramsey of Southern Oak Kennels as well.

This is going to be a fun journey.
Great name !!
Post some pup pics !!

Reactions: THelms

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Training Update... we're still getting settled in but crate training and house breaking are underway. Hondo is doing well with both. Much quieter during the night and when he does cry it's cause he needs to go "outside". Good times with a baby and a puppy in the house.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Training Update... Crate Training is rocking, he enjoys his crate time very much and only cries when he needs to go to the bathroom. Understanding the difference in his attention seeking barking and the potty bark is very important. He knows his name now and is coming along nicely with learning his boundaries (both physical and behavioral). Socialization is fun too. No dogs other than Mackinaw yet, not until he's fully vaccinated, but time at the lake and in the mountains this weekend. Hondo is a fast learner and fetches anything thrown as many times as I desire.

This dog is going to be a barn burner, excited to continue the journey.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Hondo is sitting pretty well and understands down and no commands, his biting has been curtailed and he's pretty well house broken. He has entered the defiant stage and won't always come when called or fetch the bumper to hand every time but there's time to work out those kinks. Overall he's a great puppy and the future is very bright for him!

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy