Controlled hunt question

Calbuck

Feb 7, 2013
Northeastern California
So I didn't draw my elk tag on controlled hunt, but when I log in to"purchase tags", it shows that hunt available to buy..What gives? Did they not fill quota? Did someone turn it back in? This is for Idaho by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
ummm i hope you bought it right away. i wonder if they messed up the system somehow. im gonna check mine

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
that is weird, i just checked mine, not same situation as yours but its only giving me an option of 19 elkA tags and 11B tags to choose from.

Calbuck

Feb 7, 2013
Northeastern California
I don't really know much about it..put in for it based on proximity to my preferred deer zone. Statistics on Idaho f&g website looked decent. I have some acquaintances that have killed bulls there. Wondering if they didn't fill all the resident quota..

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
buy it and see what happens. when i drew my super hunt tag they sent it to me in the mail and it had someone elses name on it. talk about a sick feeling.... they mess up from time to time, happens with all the computer crap.

Calbuck

Feb 7, 2013
Northeastern California
I'm gonna call tomorrow and see what's up..I have a couple other states to hunt, so not sure yet. Anyone take a cow and a bull in the same year? Lotta meat!

Calbuck

Feb 7, 2013
Northeastern California
So now that I know what happened, I'll go ahead and ask! Anyone care to share experiences or information on Unit 49 for Idaho elk? Never been elk hunting, so this will be a great adventure! I'm gonna hunt cows in Nevada, mulies in Utah and bulls in Idaho this year. Also thinkin about buying OTC deer tag for Idaho unit 49..time to start scheming!

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
So now that I know what happened, I'll go ahead and ask! Anyone care to share experiences or information on Unit 49 for Idaho elk? Never been elk hunting, so this will be a great adventure! I'm gonna hunt cows in Nevada, mulies in Utah and bulls in Idaho this year. Also thinkin about buying OTC deer tag for Idaho unit 49..time to start scheming!
Sorry I can't help because I've never even been to Idaho or Nevada but I can still say congratulations! Wow, it's going to be a busy year for you. Post lots of pictures please. I'm also attempting my 1st elk hunt this year. Good Luck.

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
OTC in Colorado. I tried drawing some great tags but didn't expect to draw and I was kind of wanting to do this hunt in CO to get some elk hunting experience before drawing some of the better units. I applied for moose in Idaho but struck out.