colorado mule deer-rifle-unit 15

cmbbulldog

Jul 18, 2011
Thanks for the report back! 2500 for a LO tag is a steal these days. Sorry you had a tough go of it, lots of folks in CO this year had tough hunts.

cmbbulldog

Jul 18, 2011
I don’t know specifically for unit 22, but hearing lots of folks across CO had a tougher than normal time this year.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
For units 22 and 21 the migration kicked in way late since there were no storms up high until the start of second season.

From what I have heard it was a very weird year trying to get into animals. My brother in law did tag out in 21 but we saw very few bucks.

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
I hunted 22 3rd this year. it was the first time I have hunted it so I cant compare to years past. But I did expect to see more deer than I did. weather was high teens in the mornings and up to low 60s mid day. only snow was left from the week before season started.

HIcountryman

Nov 30, 2019
CO
Stay out of the Antlers Lol.

Many years ago I had a buddy accidentally bump one of the local "cowboys" and spilled a little of his beer once and the guy overreacted a bit...

He found out just because you wear a duster, that doesn't make you tough. Besides....and I quote "Coors Light is a girls beer anyhow"...lol
Ha Ha. I live here in yampa and could see that happening... Some dudes in the Royal Hotel bar (it has since burned down) started talkin some sh** towards me while i was in there for a burger and beer and football after hunting in the Flat Tops before i moved here... I did not wish to go 1 vs. 3 drunks so i got outta there.
I'm a bit late on this topic but if i wanted to stay somewhere in 15 i would try State Bridge lodge and cabins.