colorado mule deer-rifle-66 2nd; 68-3rd;22-3rd501-4th & 52-3rd

provoflyfisher

Mar 10, 2011
Midway, Utah
Hunted 22 3rd season last year. Lots of roads, hunters and deer. If you are looking for a buck smaller than 150 your hunt will only take a couple days. If you are looking for 160-170 bucks you need to get lucky. Lots of private property that used to be open to the public (pre-2017) but now is inaccessible. I used 9 points and could not find a shooter in 10 days of hunting. Depending on what you are looking for it can be a great hunt. If you want to hike and get away from other hunters this is not your hunt. If you want to road hunt and shoot a buck off the side of the road, this is your hunt. If you draw 22 get in touch by pm and I will give you some areas to focus on.

sptsman4

Jan 24, 2018
Ogden, UT
I hunted 22 3rd last year. I'm from UT and didn't know the area so got recommendations from the biologist and concentrated on those areas. I went over 2 1/2 days early to get a feel for the country and check out likely areas to hunt. I usually only saw, at most 3 or 4 other rigs with hunters on the roads. Once I got off the roads I never saw another hunter. Had rain and light snow but it melted quickly. Got very cold though so my 6 gal water jug would freeze solid and in a tent with little heat it was tough. Best buck I saw was a 24" typical 4 pt. After 6 days of hunting I was cold and worn out so when I saw a 26" old, heavy, 3x4 I took him. If you want more detailed info on where I hunted PM me.