Colorado Big Game Applications

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I am passing on Wyoming this year. The only tag I could probably draw is the NR Special Antelope and I am not paying the price Wyoming has set for this tag, It's way, way overpriced!! I'll wait until I get a few more points and can draw a regular NR tag.
just your humble opinion. if they are selling them, they are NOT overpriced. ALL states should make nons pay to play.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Got my senior small game and fishing license along with putting in for my unit 44 and or 35 muzzle loader tag. Preference points for elk and pronghorn.

After thinking about it I'll pick up a couple of points in Wyoming for deer and pronghorn this year and look real hard at them for 2025

Reactions: mallardsx2

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I had been planning on using my few elk points for a cow tag next year, at least until I saw that CO raised the NR cow tag to $800. Add on my 3 year point costs and a tag will be over $1,100. SHEE-ITE!!! I am more inclined to just find a low point area to apply for a bull tag and then to exit the Colorado scheme. I'm in the same boat for deer, but have a few more points.

Reactions: mallardsx2

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
NR tags are getting really expensive for sure. My hunting buddies and I were going to apply for group tags in Wyoming (we are from Colorado, California & Arizona). We are a little shy for regular NR deer tags, but can draw the Special NR deer tags based on last years stats. But they are over $1,000 ea!! Sorry , I'm not paying that much for a deer tag, we decided to wait until we have enough to have a chance at a regular NR tag.