Chesterfield Missouri travel....

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
I am leaving in the morning to spend the next four days here and have no clue where to eat, what to do in the evenings, or maybe what is a must do.....figured I would throw it out there to anyone in the St. Louis area for suggestions ... I do know the cardinals are on the road and the blues won't be playing!

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
You'll be just down the road from me. I'm still relatively new to the area and still trying to figure it out myself. You here solo or with family? I've found some decent places to eat but nothing great. By the Chesterfield mall is Edge Wild. It is not too bad. Just west of Chesterfield is a shopping area called Boones Croosing. There is a restaurant there called the Brick House. It sounds crazy but there tator tots are great. I've also have a place by me that makes a good Stromboli

If you are bored or lost look me up and I'll try to help.

Last edited:

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Well the thing about the chesterfield valley is that it was flooded during the great flood of 1993. The CORP rebuilt all the levies down there and the area has been rebuilt. There is probably some good restaurants down there but mostly chain restaurants. Most of the best restaurants in the area are closer to downtown. I highly recommend making a trip to The Hill neighborhood which is the Italian section of the St. Louis area. Cunetto's and Guido's are my favorites, but all of the old restaurants in that district are really good. For the best BBQ you will have in you life make a trip to the Soulard area and go to Bogarts. Pappy's is also really good BBQ. If you are a steak guy, make a trip to Citizen Kanes in Kirkwood. Go to Hodak's for great fried chicken.

For a great lunch try the mongolian BBQ on Olive next to the dierbergs in Chesterfield. Lots of these kinds of places around, this one is the best. Follow the recommended recipe for your bowl. Enjoy.

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Well the thing about the chesterfield valley is that it was flooded during the great flood of 1993. The CORP rebuilt all the levies down there and the area has been rebuilt. There is probably some good restaurants down there but mostly chain restaurants. Most of the best restaurants in the area are closer to downtown. I highly recommend making a trip to The Hill neighborhood which is the Italian section of the St. Louis area. Cunetto's and Guido's are my favorites, but all of the old restaurants in that district are really good. For the best BBQ you will have in you life make a trip to the Soulard area and go to Bogarts. Pappy's is also really good BBQ. If you are a steak guy, make a trip to Citizen Kanes in Kirkwood. Go to Hodak's for great fried chicken.

For a great lunch try the mongolian BBQ on Olive next to the dierbergs in Chesterfield. Lots of these kinds of places around, this one is the best. Follow the recommended recipe for your bowl. Enjoy.
I think buckbull has got you dialed in. He mentioned the same spot I told you about. Cunetto's was the one we used to eat at if I remember correctly. I know you said the Cardinals are out of town but you could check the Gateway Grizzlies over in Cahokia on the IL side. Nice park not in the greatest neighborhoods but nice park. Oh and there is always Larry Flints(sp) close by after the game. Lol...

missjordan

Veteran member
Dec 9, 2014
Missoula, MT
I was just in St. Louis for some job training and I took a tour of the Budweiser brewery and I thought it was pretty cool! They have about four different ones to choose from

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Your best bet is probably going to be to head downtown for some of the more local eats. Seems like most everything out towards your way is chains, etc.. There's some cool brew pub places down by Busch Stadium, 4 Hands makes good beers, food is decent. That whole area is pretty cool. Carmines Steakhouse is good.
The Hill has some solid Italian choices, as noted in previous replies.

As a Kansas City kid, I cannot endorse St. Louis bbq, but all my St. Louis friends do like Pappys

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Your best bet is probably going to be to head downtown for some of the more local eats. Seems like most everything out towards your way is chains, etc.. There's some cool brew pub places down by Busch Stadium, 4 Hands makes good beers, food is decent. That whole area is pretty cool. Carmines Steakhouse is good.
The Hill has some solid Italian choices, as noted in previous replies.

As a Kansas City kid, I cannot endorse St. Louis bbq, but all my St. Louis friends do like Pappys
Yes Fink I understand. Gates and Arthur Bryant's are two of my favorites on your side. I hit one or both every time I come through.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Sorry the Blues are out golfing now ! Go Sharks! We let one slip away last night though. The Giants will be in town after they get done in Atlanta.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Matt, I watched the game last night, and I was amazed that on the left field fence the Braves have a countdown of how many game left at Turner field! No wonder they're not on the verge of sell outs. Our tv guys even showed the former Giant Jason Grilli signing autographs, and then all of a sudden a young lady from the Braves tapped him on the shoulder and told him he was needed in the club house. Ten minutes later they announced traded to the Blue Jays! Smiles and hand shakes:( sad to see!