Cheap hunter LOOKING for new SIGHT setup.

BADbuckfever

Mar 10, 2011
Orange, CA
www.infowars.com
I need to change my sight pin setup, its old and not very useful - especially for quick yardage adjustments. I have to estimate the yardage and use the same pin raising it over the target. I like to keep things simple, so glowing pins and dials etc... is avoided, plus I'm real cheap and don't like to spend money I don't have to.

Any of you out there have any suggestions?

twp1224

Mar 6, 2011
Central Coast
You can pick up some nice sights for a good price at Archerytalk.com. Look at the classifieds section. I picked up my Spott Hogg 7 deadly pins there for a great discount.

Shane

Feb 21, 2011
Montana
I highly recomend Montana Black Gold sights. They are a little more money, but you won't have to worry about poor quality of ever needing to change it again. They also have microadjust on some which is an excellent option.

pat_estvold

Mar 8, 2011
North Dakota
I have a buddy that shoots TruGlo sights very bright for the price. Plus they have a tritium pin in them which are very bright. Just b/c here in North Dakota we cannot have lights on your bows/sights.

sjsmallfield

Veteran member
Feb 22, 2011
Jackson, CA
I highly recomend Montana Black Gold sights. They are a little more money, but you won't have to worry about poor quality of ever needing to change it again. They also have microadjust on some which is an excellent option.
I would also recomend the MBG. They are as bright as it gets and they have several models. Also they really stand behind their products.

Elkcrazedfrk

Feb 21, 2011
I hear your tight budget,but putting a set of 30 dollar sights on your bow is a huge mistake. Save your coin and put a decent sight on. You dont have to spend 2 bills, but dont buy the cheapest one out there either. It will bite you in the rear. And yes MBG makes a great product and for around 60 bucks you can get a decent sight.

BADbuckfever

Mar 10, 2011
Orange, CA
www.infowars.com
Thanks elkcrazedfreak, I put this thread on here to hear some good advise. I appreciate your opinions about this.

I must say though, that since I only paid $30 total for the early 1990s (Archery shop guess) compound Martin bow on Ebay from a pawn shop to begin with, a $30 TruGlo sight IS an upgrade from the old metal pins already on there. I bought this bow in very good condition and it has good power also about 50-70 lb range. Packs a lot of punch. I just cant see spending more on a sight than I paid for the bow itself.