CC while exercising

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Want to carry on my early morning walks and jogging and biking , any body do this ? What system works ? PM me if your more comfortable sharing that way.

Too many loose dogs in the area and just don't need to get bit.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Consistency is key. It takes 2 weeks to create the habit and not despise the act.
If indoors, I watch tv while on the treadmill. Sometimes hunting shows and sometimes YouTube trail or races.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Carry a small canister of OC with you on your outdoor runs. I have had to use it several times on aggressive dogs. As a cop, I always had some available, and found that the older CN or CS (tear gas) was not nearly as effective as the newer OC. If it works on Griz, a Rottweiler shouldn't be able to ignore it. I used to run with a handgun after a dirt-bag that I had arrested once tried to run me over while I was out for a run. A later private conversation ensured that there was no repeat performance.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
You may want to check the laws before you dispatch a overaggressive dog that is coming at you.

I agree with RIMIC, a small canister of OC. It doesn't weigh that much and will turn a dog in a hurry. We used to pack some when I was working for a utility company, that is until there was a problem with a few going off inside of vehicles and customer complaints. They always got rid of the good stuff.