Casper to Shoshoni Goats and Deer

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Spent all this week working between Casper and Shoshoni, seen a lot of really nice Antelope bucks, definitely some dandies to be had this fall! Seemed like once you got to Hell's Half Acre and west there was a considerable amount more Antelope. Seen 2 mule bucks in 34 that look liked they'll definitely be dandies, lots of other bucks that were up and comers. Only negative was I seen lots of Antelope fawns, but only seen two sets of twins the entire week, rest were single fawns.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
My favorite area in the whole state!

We used to camp in the campground at Hell's Half Acre when it was open. Good food and a bar....who could ask for more after a good day of hunting. Sad to see it gone.....

Reactions: go_deep

troybackman

Apr 17, 2015
Mn
So your saying it was a good year to burn my antelope points in 75 this yr? (y)(y) Awesome. Also im in for a 36 deer tag but the way myluck on draws has been this yr i aint counting on that. Thanks for the good news.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
So your saying it was a good year to burn my antelope points in 75 this yr? (y)(y) Awesome. Also im in for a 36 deer tag but the way myluck on draws has been this yr i aint counting on that. Thanks for the good news.
If you draw the 36 tag hit me up, don't everything about it, but work in there enough that I can point you in the right direction.

troybackman

Apr 17, 2015
Mn
Thanks go deep. I would appreciate that. Skull hangers coming your way for your generosity. PM me your mailing address please.

Reactions: go_deep

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
Yeah,I've driven that stretch quite a few times. One year there was a homeless guy living out there all summer. He looked pretty frazzled. I guess some local or the WHP was giving him food and water. He did having a shopping cart with a bunch of stuff.

Been seeing some twins around SE WY.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Yeah,I've driven that stretch quite a few times. One year there was a homeless guy living out there all summer. He looked pretty frazzled. I guess some local or the WHP was giving him food and water. He did having a shopping cart with a bunch of stuff.

Been seeing some twins around SE WY.
I agree, seen a good amount, or maybe a normal amount of twins from Douglas south to the Colorado line.