Canine companion!

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
He looks like he's off to a great start in that photo :)
We are now up to 10-15 straight retrieves and working on hand signals to retrieve. Introducing him to loud noises and gun fire will be next, I have a two year old who is going to love beating pans while he is eating this week...

GrounderFlander

Oct 19, 2017
Tampa, Florida

The newest addition to the ScottR family, Ace?
Ace is such a cutie! Reminds me of my cousin's little Retriever. Whenever they'd come over for a visit, his little Andy (as he was named) would jump around the living room, play catch with the kids, and indulge in his dog treats. As energetic and naughty as they are, they're definitely a bundle of joy.

Last edited:

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Ace is such a cutie! Reminds me of my cousin's little Retriever. Whenever they'd come over for a visit, his little Andy (as he was named) would jump around the living room, play catch with the kids, and indulge in his dog treats. As energetic and naughty as they are, they're definitely a bundle of joy.
Good qualities: retrieves, learning hand signals, lives for why I bought him.

Bad Qualities: house training relapses, chewing, too playful with my girls.

All In all he is now a member of the family.

480/277

Very Active Member
Feb 23, 2013
Thanks, my wife suggested it. Under a seasoned waterfowler's guidance he suggested that we should use single syllable names on any bird dogs. Hopefully he proves to be an Ace in the blind!
Yep, all my dogs are single syllable. Ben is my present lab.
Are you going to FF Ace?

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Yep, all my dogs are single syllable. Ben is my present lab.
Are you going to FF Ace?
I don't think so. He has now done 3 consecutive retrieves on dead birds and we have introduced loud noises to him while he eats. Turns out that 2 year olds love to bang on pans in the kitchen next to dog bowls. Shooting will be next, Todd and I are bringing him on our next hunt over still water.

The shock collar is going to come out to help reinforce sit and stay when I get home from vacation. After that