Camp set ups?

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Seasons are getting started lets see those hunting camp set ups. Camper to backpack what do you call home while hunting?
We use 2 wall tents and the old sear canvas big blue when needed
Last years big elk camp 6 hunters 2 sleeping tents 1 cook tent
and deer camp just 2 of us in camp 1 wall tent

Attachments

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
Looks cozy in there!

Sometimes I do the backpack thing, the Kodiak canvas, or sleep in the car.. depends on circumstance.

I'll have to dig up some pictures..

Joseph

Jan 25, 2014
Creston BC Canada
For the past eight years or so all of my camps while hunting have been backpack hunts into the backcountry or road closures. So kind of minimalist in nature. Here's a couple of pictures of the same camp on a road closure, one in good weather the other two in not so good weather. We haul a cart up there so it's not quite as spartan as our backcountry hunts. I was just up at this camp yesterday collecting firewood, rebuilding/cleaning up the fire pit, and scouting. One of my favourite places to hunt.DSCF1161.jpgDSCF1163.jpgDSCF1157.jpg

OldGuy123

Oct 22, 2018
It is not uncommon for hikers wander in to a potential campsite in the dark guided only by their headlamps. Between being fatigued from miles of hiking and limited ability in the dark to find an appropriate campsite, many plop down right next to the trail or water source and inadvertently begin creating a new campsite in a poor location. But you seem to have a fantastic camp site.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
dag nab it .were just camping this weekend and it never even occurred to me to snap a camp pic.

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Joseph,why protect a big rock from the rain?I would rather use the space
to protect myself and my gear.Ha!,Ha! Nice setup and like you said plenty of firewood. :cool::cool:

We would take this old pop up out west every year. It used to be my uncles and he took it out west every year also for many many years. Sadly, the tradition is going to end this year. We have a new 10x12 tent for base camp and hiking up into high country with satellite camp gear.
It's been a good 40 year run with "The Palace".... RIP. 27845

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
We would take this old pop up out west every year. It used to be my uncles and he took it out west every year also for many many years. Sadly, the tradition is going to end this year. We have a new 10x12 tent for base camp and hiking up into high country with satellite camp gear.
It's been a good 40 year run with "The Palace".... RIP. View attachment 27845
That is some cool history!

Reactions: Apstore

Joseph

Jan 25, 2014
Creston BC Canada
Joseph,why protect a big rock from the rain?I would rather use the space
to protect myself and my gear.Ha!,Ha! Nice setup and like you said plenty of firewood. :cool::cool:
The big rock actually reflects back a lot of heat from the fire and made a great prop to hold up the back of the lumber tarp. Even when it's just cold that rock really keeps our backs warm, great for drying stuff against. We are pretty picky with where we place our camps, we usually use them year after year so it's worth our while to find a good spot.

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
The big rock actually reflects back a lot of heat from the fire and made a great prop to hold up the back of the lumber tarp. Even when it's just cold that rock really keeps our backs warm, great for drying stuff against. We are pretty picky with where we place our camps, we usually use them year after year so it's worth our while to find a good spot.
We use the same camp for archery deer every year during Monsoon season.
First year I dug a trench uphill from MY camp area.Still works to this day,
20yrs later. :cool:

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
"Backpack Camp" in Trinity Alps Wilderness

3rd Season CO solo "car camp"

Wyoming "Base Camp"

Deam Wilderness "Backpack Camp"

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I use my cargo trailer. Has bunks, heater and lots of storage. Set up the popup, tables, chairs, cook stove and lanterns. Off season, I store everything in it. Great camps.

Reactions: LCH