Camp?ng in deer units 2,4

sigpros

Very Active Member
Aug 10, 2011
missouri
What's the options for camping in unit 2 or 4? We have an in closed trailer we hunt out of. Will the Forrest service camp grounds be shut down during deer season? Trying to find an area to set up camp and then look at our options from there.

Thanks for any help

Againstthewind

Very Active Member
Mar 25, 2014
Upton, WY
Probably the opposite I would say. It’s a busy time of year for that area. Hulette and Sundance both are close I think and have campgrounds also. Devils tower, etc. Cook lake is a really nice fee area in the forest. I think it has trailer hook ups. You can look it up on recreation.gov or forest service site. The roads in are wide, graded gravel roads. I think there are three others pretty close by for improved campgrounds. Newcastle and keyhole state park are on either side of those areas. Anyway lots of camping options. I think he website said the rates drop for camping mid September to mid may. I should try the ice fishing there this weekend. Good reminder it’s up there.

Last edited:

aboss014

Aug 7, 2016
What [emoji115]said. Pullover and set up camp anywhere in those areas on public land. You?ll see a ton of people in the Black Hills during hunting season. Great whitetail hunting there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk