camp cocktails

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Whats your favorite?

Besides beer we all ways have some crown in camp. And if the wife's along makings for a bloody mary and crown apple ( yuck).

But this year we will have crown royal peach , just tried it last night and I'm so glad this wasn't around when I was young and dumb or I would have never made it to old and dumb.

Reactions: archbull

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
First choice would be my own moonshine, second is whatever a friend brings and I say "thank you" to, third is Maker's Mark. I have just barely enough pride to not get into Margaritaville on a hunting trip! :p

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
been on the wagon for about 8 years now.my drink of choice was black velvet and coke. miss it every day but can't say I miss the next morning hikes.

Reactions: dustin ray

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
I've been drinking Jack Daniel's and Pepsi since I was a teenager and it is still what I prefer when we're back in camp for the night sitting around the fire cooking in our dutch ovens.

Reactions: dustin ray

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
This was my wedding anniversary gift from my wife. Steel ice cubes are pretty cool, along with the personalized whiskey glass. Never tried a few of these, so hopefully there all good. After I try them all i'm going to save a flask of my favorite one for hunting season.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Depends on what kind of camp I'm in. Elk camp in a 1 man tent, 4 miles from the truck? I like just a little sip or two of a good bourbon before bed.
Deer or duck camp in the cabin? The choices are endless, but usually just a good Stout or IPA

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
Bulliet whiskey and Diet Coke for me when camping at a vehicle. In Alaska it's Makers Mark and whatever water I can find.

I have an old plastic bottle from a cheaper whiskey I pour the good stuff into for the AK trips. It's lighter and less breakable. We don't have a drink every night, but after success and a pack-out a whiskey or two goes awful well with tenderloin and stovetop stuffing.

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
In deer camp, boppas orders “flaming Yukon Jack” when deer is harvested in camp for everyone. Man that stuff will give you rock gut.

Otherwise it’s Jameson chilled in the river!

Reactions: mcseal2

cacklercrazy

Feb 24, 2011
Whats your favorite?

Besides beer we all ways have some crown in camp. And if the wife's along makings for a bloody mary and crown apple ( yuck).

But this year we will have crown royal peach , just tried it last night and I'm so glad this wasn't around when I was young and dumb or I would have never made it to old and dumb.
The wife loves the peach also. I will drink that stuff with ginger ale once in awhile, but I like my Crown either straight on the rocks or straight out of the freezer.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Moscow mules with Hendricks gin,“ Cowboy “whiskey, Buffalo Trace Whiskey and Jameson all over the rocks anything added would be Pollution😉🥃!