Calls

cacklercrazy

Feb 24, 2011
What's everyone using this year on their lanyard? I run several different calls. When duck hunting RNT Daisy Cutter , refuge hybrid, Haydall 6 in 1 whistle. For geese I run a Bill Saunders Heavy, Bill Sauer I5 killer, Rnt Barbelly, Bill Saunders B.C. Minima for west coast squeakers.

johnsd16

Mar 16, 2014
N Idaho
I am a molt gear guy. Really like my acrilyc reflex and my molded ex-3. The Qax is a great duck call that blows different than any I've ever had before and all the MG calls are super easy to blow in terms of air pressure. The shop will also tune anything hey send out to your specs. Scott tunes each call. The Rush goose call is also a really great call, and the new backwater duck call is a great small water call and I've come to appreciate the range. I've run grounds, foiles, R&T, and echo in the past, and there are lots of good calls out there. Trying several and finding what works best for you is important, kind of like shotguns.

If anyone wants to get into some MG calls let me know.

missjordan

Veteran member
Dec 9, 2014
Missoula, MT
Got 1 zink call for ducks and 2 foiles calls for geese. Also bought a call from a friend who hand makes them in his garage and i really like it too. His brand is called 406 waterfowl calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cacklercrazy

Feb 24, 2011
Got 1 zink call for ducks and 2 foiles calls for geese. Also bought a call from a friend who hand makes them in his garage and i really like it too. His brand is called 406 waterfowl calls.

Another great company that make great calls is Gander Valley out of Co. I have one of honker calls. It's not as loud as my Heavy call , but wicked bottom end.

arwaterfowler

Dec 4, 2011
Omaha, NE
My lanyard consists of a RNT original acrylic, RNT short barrel cocobola, and Echo timber acrylic. My favorite is the Echo

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Does anyone use the Duck commander calls? Are they worth a crap?

I can’t call ducks to save my life so I was just curious.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
I've switched to only running DuckLander Calls (DLC). Local guy that makes the calls, so I can swing by his shop after work and pick up new ones. He's made quite a few custom calls for me over the last few years, including a set of hedge calls that I cut off a farm that my dad was selling. they made pretty good presents..
I used to run a few RNT's and Echo's, but they always seem to freeze up on me. I never have problems with DLC calls locking up, and they sound SOOOO GOOOOD!

I don't know anything about Duck Commander calls, but I'd generally try to shy away from plastic double reed calls.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
A couple calls Bobby at DLC has turned for me. First two photos are hedge calls off our farm, last photo is a Cocobola call he turned and engraved to commemorate my new baby boy.
IMG_1744.jpg
IMG_1820.jpg
IMG_2579.jpg

480/277

Very Active Member
Feb 23, 2013
For geese
Tim Grounds super magnum pro
Buck Gardner Canada hammer 2

For ducks
Primos original wench
Buck Gardner tall timber 2
Buck Gardner double nasty 2
Primos P.H.A.T. Lady
Buck Gardner wood duck

chiefgobbler

Jun 26, 2011
Central California
IMG_1802.jpg
Bill Saunders Refuge Series Snow Goose, for Ducks: JJ Lares Hybrid , Bill Saunders Gravity, Matt Pierce Teal Whistle, New Version Calls Morwhistle (my most used call), Billy Gianquinto Sprig and Teal/Widgeon whistles. The Widgeon whistle has provided awesome results.
I always say the birds come in in spite of my calling.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
View attachment 20432
Bill Saunders Refuge Series Snow Goose, for Ducks: JJ Lares Hybrid , Bill Saunders Gravity, Matt Pierce Teal Whistle, New Version Calls Morwhistle (my most used call), Billy Gianquinto Sprig and Teal/Widgeon whistles. The Widgeon whistle has provided awesome results.
I always say the birds come in in spite of my calling.
Those Lares have become a pretty popular call, several guys out here are running them. I couldnt blow one, when I tried them out