Caldwell Area Info Needed.

woodtick

Veteran member
Feb 24, 2011
Jim Bridger County, Utah
Hey guys, I just got a great opportunity offered to me in this area. Not ever moving to a new area I've got a lot to learn, I was just wondering if there is places you'd recommend for a small family to live and places to avoid. I'm partial to small towns but if needs be something in Nampa or Caldwell might suffice, I've been on the net looking at Middleton and Parma but any others I should look into??? I'll be running around the Nyssa-Greenleaf area for work.

Thanks in advance to any responses!!!

WT

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I lived in Nampa for awhile. It's a nice town. I liked Star too. I also lived in Meridian but it has grow. A lot since I lived there.

woodtick

Veteran member
Feb 24, 2011
Jim Bridger County, Utah
Man this section is dead!!! Thanks IKIC for your help, Caldwell and Nampa look like they are pretty crime ridden towns. Since I'll be traveling a lot and my wife will be home alone I want her in a safe community!

Againstthewind

Very Active Member
Mar 25, 2014
Upton, WY
I guess a guy I work with is from Kuna. I will have to ask him about it. He is wanting to move back there, so maybe it isn't too bad. I guess its south of Nampa.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Man this section is dead!!! Thanks IKIC for your help, Caldwell and Nampa look like they are pretty crime ridden towns. Since I'll be traveling a lot and my wife will be home alone I want her in a safe community!
It's been a few years sice I was there but I can see that in Caldwell. Nampa at the time was mostly homes and middle class. I really liked Boise. The folks there are pretty mellow and there was a lot to do there. Boise is big for sure. Are you stuck in that part of the state? Idaho Falls is awesome. I almost moved there myself a few years ago.

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
PM sent with a local contact you can talk to about the issues. Noticed on another thread you want a WT, well if you make the move they are all over N ID, E WA, W MT and some in NE OR. Good luck!

woodtick

Veteran member
Feb 24, 2011
Jim Bridger County, Utah
It's been a few years sice I was there but I can see that in Caldwell. Nampa at the time was mostly homes and middle class. I really liked Boise. The folks there are pretty mellow and there was a lot to do there. Boise is big for sure. Are you stuck in that part of the state? Idaho Falls is awesome. I almost moved there myself a few years ago.
Yeah it's all pretty big compared to what I'm used to! I'm stuck over there, looking at different websites Star, Eagle and Middleton are the places to live as far as crime and children rearing communities but only a white collar business guy could afford to live there. I'd a picked the eastern side of the state over Boise just cause it's only a couple hours from home. Boise is about 4.5 hrs, beggars can't be choosers I guess. It's only a few hours from all the places I hunt or fish so that's good. I was just hoping to get some ones personal perspective on where I should avoid! I appreciate your input IKIC and Againstthewind!

woodtick

Veteran member
Feb 24, 2011
Jim Bridger County, Utah
PM sent with a local contact you can talk to about the issues. Noticed on another thread you want a WT, well if you make the move they are all over N ID, E WA, W MT and some in NE OR. Good luck!
Thanks Tim I got it!! Yeah I've been up to Riggins and White Bird chasing those stupid things!! My career will be a crop consultant a fancy term for sales agronomist. So maybe my connections down the road might provide some good deer and waterfowl hunting.

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
I agree, those things are tough on a good day. I finally gave up in the woods and looked for and found open country to hunt them in. Not easy, but easier for me. Lots of goose hunting out there too. I think you will make many good contacts and have some great outdoor opportunities.

firebeck

Very Active Member
Sep 5, 2012
Southwest Idaho
Caldwell and Nampa have lots of crime as have been stated. Lots of the smaller towns are great though. I live in Grand View which is closer to Mountain Home so don't know much about farther west but from what I see and hear there are some great smaller towns west and south of Nampa.

Woodtick: I did not live in the Caldwell area but my career did take me over there some when I lived in western Wyoming. I also traveled through those areas a good deal as my son and daughter-in-law attended Lewis and Clark State College in Lewiston and her family was in Grangeville. I often thought I liked those areas north of Boise. No real reason other than they gave me good vibes for some reason. The country sure looked like it would provide some great opportunities for the outdoorsman like the fellas on this site. I worked with a couple fellas from Mountain Home and they sure had some impressive (heavy horned) elk racks from bulls they harvested. Good luck and god speed with your relocation.